Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterTom's UstreamLog in

Suggestions for new chat games!

Go down 
+4
sasuke1986
IXCE
yuki_fox_demon
ModernHyrulian
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ModernHyrulian

ModernHyrulian

Male
Number of posts : 1014
Job/hobbies : Gaming
Humor : Mostly harmless
Infractions :
Suggestions for new chat games! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Suggestions for new chat games! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-24

Suggestions for new chat games! Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for new chat games!   Suggestions for new chat games! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:02 pm

As many of us already know, you can earn coins in Tom's uStream by playing games from Banondorf or by winning in Nintendo WiFi games. These coins can be used to buy various items from the Ban N Shop. However, some of us aren't that good/fast in chat games like scramble or don't want to risk losing coins in others like the ban roulette. All of the WiFi games are for Wii like Brawl or Mario Kart Wii which leaves the people who don't own the right console/games out of luck. I'm proposing that we get some new chat games so that people who fit in the categories mentioned above will have a chance to earn coins slowly. It's not that scramble and MKW isn't fun to play; it's just that some folks are just too good at them and take most of the coins away Mad

One suggestion I have is to make a rock-paper-scissors type game. The player will type in !rock !paper or !scissors, and Banondorf will provide a response based on what his random choice was. If he ties, nothing happens. If he loses, he awards....10 coins? If he wins....Banhammer time! Maybe for 2 minutes?

Of course, it doesn't HAVE to be with rocks, paper, and scissors. How about banhammer, oreo, falconpunch? Or Tom, cohost, and Banondorf? Whoever writes the script will get to decide I guess.

But we need more games with no penalties! Give suggestions, comments, or thoughts about what you think!
Back to top Go down
yuki_fox_demon
TBB Official Community Leader/Marshmallow Ghost
TBB Official Community Leader/Marshmallow Ghost
yuki_fox_demon

Female
Number of posts : 451
Job/hobbies : book-addict, writing, drawing, staying up *way* too late on tom's stream (X3), playing video games
Humor : "Moo" "Marshmallow" "Pkowr!"
Infractions :
Suggestions for new chat games! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Suggestions for new chat games! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new chat games!   Suggestions for new chat games! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:41 am

i think that's a great idea, the only problem would be too many people going at once. it'd have to be like truth or dare, not potions, where only one game at a time can go on. there'd also have to be a way to give someone else the chance so the same people aren't doing it over and over because they type faster
Back to top Go down
ModernHyrulian

ModernHyrulian

Male
Number of posts : 1014
Job/hobbies : Gaming
Humor : Mostly harmless
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new chat games!   Suggestions for new chat games! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:33 am

Well, I've never programmed a bot before so I wouldn't know what kind of methods you can use to get around those problems. But if there were a few seconds of delay after a person plays up to their next game, then everyone would supposedly have time to get a turn. Also, having multiple people playing at once wouldn't be that big of a problem once they lose and get a taste of the banhammar affraid
Back to top Go down
IXCE

IXCE

Male
Number of posts : 46
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new chat games!   Suggestions for new chat games! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 12:10 pm

Tom should 'try' to play a song in Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask and people would have to figure it out. Could be video game related or sometime that Tom's likes. Because it is limited, it might have to be more recognizable melodies.
Back to top Go down
sasuke1986

sasuke1986

Male
Number of posts : 44
Humor : Dry, I've been told
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new chat games!   Suggestions for new chat games! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Thinking... thinking...

*snap*

Best thing I've apparently come up with is a 'monster fighter' idea of sorts, but chances are that'd be a nightmare in coding since I see something RPG-esque.
Back to top Go down
Raven_of_light
Banned!-User was Ban'd
Raven_of_light

Male
Number of posts : 52
Job/hobbies : Maintaince
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new chat games!   Suggestions for new chat games! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 12:05 am

Well i got a suggestion, , what if Tom plays ( i spot with my little eye/nintendo related) for example, tom could say (i spot with my little eye a turtle shell) and the room would have to guess, the room would say a koopa...
Back to top Go down
SpockofPaper

SpockofPaper

Male
Number of posts : 15
Job/hobbies : Mostly games, but not always.
Humor : It depends.
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new chat games!   Suggestions for new chat games! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 11:20 am

I've wanted a "name that tune" sort of game with the background music, but that would require more intuitive titles for songs. Since banondorf can give song titles when asked, it would make sense that he could compare a given response to the title of a song, but as I said, songs couldn't be called things like "track 103 from Chrono Tri" anymore.

Also, a double or nothing option might be a fun addition to a game like scramble. You could risk coins gained, but you wouldn't really be losing any, per se if you lost, as you'd only be losing that which you just won.

For a game that doesn't become a scramble for answers, you might consider a game where a random person is selected to play a Who Wants To Be A Millionaire type game, but without lifelines with the idea that there's no real way to regulate the chat from helping anyway. After each question, they'd have 30 seconds to give their answer. It could work. I'm not sure on a good number of rounds/coin values, though. The 30 second thing would be good for when people are away.
Back to top Go down
theprimerib

Number of posts : 78
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new chat games!   Suggestions for new chat games! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:18 am

damn Spock stole my idea.
Back to top Go down
thessbbmario

thessbbmario

Male
Number of posts : 29
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new chat games!   Suggestions for new chat games! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:32 am

A game where you get a 50% chance of a days immuninty cheers or a 50% chance of a 24 hour ban emot-argh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for new chat games!   Suggestions for new chat games! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for new chat games!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: TomBobBlender :: Ustream-
Jump to: