Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterTom's UstreamLog in

uStream have been overhauled

Go down 
+11
nintenerd542
Yaya
mimeman
theprimerib
BigAl109
YGR
Smashdude29
yuki_fox_demon
Delta4845
Eat box
TomBobBlender
15 posters
AuthorMessage
TomBobBlender
Admin
Admin
TomBobBlender

Male
Number of posts : 95
Job/hobbies : Music Teacher
Humor : Happy
Infractions :
uStream have been overhauled Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100uStream have been overhauled Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-16

uStream have been overhauled Empty
PostSubject: uStream have been overhauled   uStream have been overhauled Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:06 pm

How are you all adjusting to the new ustream look/feel? Share your thoughts here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tombobblender.com
Eat box

Eat box

Male
Number of posts : 67
Humor : Rofflemaow?
Infractions :
uStream have been overhauled Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100uStream have been overhauled Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: uStream have been overhauled   uStream have been overhauled Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:16 pm

I switched to an IRC client and the pop-up stream viewer... That should say enough.
Back to top Go down
Delta4845

Delta4845

Male
Number of posts : 232
Job/hobbies : Stream Boird
Humor : Dead-pan
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: uStream have been overhauled   uStream have been overhauled Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:52 pm

hate it... sooo much..... sorry, but it is garbage, it just looks good, but the core of it is driving me nuts, the chat box takes up more space so that makes the stream look smaller on the show page, it is just clunky too, I am not ranting because it is new, I am ranting because the cons outweigh the pros...it's hard to explain, sorry -.-;
[I hate it, I want to kill it with fire]
Back to top Go down
http://escapistmagazine.com
yuki_fox_demon
TBB Official Community Leader/Marshmallow Ghost
TBB Official Community Leader/Marshmallow Ghost
yuki_fox_demon

Female
Number of posts : 451
Job/hobbies : book-addict, writing, drawing, staying up *way* too late on tom's stream (X3), playing video games
Humor : "Moo" "Marshmallow" "Pkowr!"
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: uStream have been overhauled   uStream have been overhauled Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:01 pm

ugh, i can't stand it. it LOOKS like they're trying to be like Justin.tv. there is a reason i don't use justin.tv if i don't have to...i can't even figure out how to check my messages. and how the people with colors aren't in color, they say < font color=blue >!! i would suggest everyone who can to switch to mIRC. It's very easy to use, and *way* better than the new chat. i mean, i might like everything else if i get used to it, but the chat itself i do not like. the other features will probably just take some getting used to

Last edited by yuki_fox_demon on Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Smashdude29
Official Kirbeh Masta'!/Here since Month 1!
Official Kirbeh Masta'!/Here since Month 1!
Smashdude29

Male
Number of posts : 355
Job/hobbies : hmmm...
Humor : That's what she said!
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: uStream have been overhauled   uStream have been overhauled Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 3:09 am

i use mIRC and the popup player posted here in the forum so i have not seen it yet
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/smashdude29
YGR

YGR

Male
Number of posts : 353
Humor : Well, I watch Comedy Central, does that count?
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: uStream have been overhauled   uStream have been overhauled Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 3:32 am

two words, HATE IT.
Back to top Go down
BigAl109
TBB Official Community Leader
TBB Official Community Leader
BigAl109

Male
Number of posts : 90
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: uStream have been overhauled   uStream have been overhauled Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 5:20 am

I like it, gasp. I have gone through 3 major Ustream redesigns and this is probably my favorite so far.

However, as I have stated many times, more shameless promotion. "Recommended" on the homepage is actually "Featured". The most viewed and top rated streams, which actually reflect Ustream, are hidden away on another page.

The new tabs and categories are probably my favorite - the wide variety gives everyone a chance to be seen, ex. Tom is #2 under the Gaming tab. I suppose this makes up for the goof up promoting "Recommended" streams.

I could go in more depth, but I wont bore you all. Razz
Back to top Go down
theprimerib

Number of posts : 78
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: uStream have been overhauled   uStream have been overhauled Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 5:33 am

I can deal with it, there are its shortcomings with the chat but believe me this is the least of my worries. one this i have to stress here is that the text in the chat is NOT THAT SMALL, seriously if you can't see it, grow eyes. I like the whole design of the chat, it gives it more of a flowing vibe but it has some issues with it that can be adjusted. the lack of a banner is a sad removal but and that will be missed but it's not like a want to scroll down through some pages with banners that take up 10 times the screen like jtv. if there is anything i can really complain about it would be all those freaking twitter ads, those piss me off.
Back to top Go down
mimeman

mimeman

Male
Number of posts : 381
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: uStream have been overhauled   uStream have been overhauled Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:13 am

I HATE IT it's just going overboard, and also they took away colors and boldness D:
Back to top Go down
Yaya

Yaya

Number of posts : 37
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: uStream have been overhauled   uStream have been overhauled Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:22 am

I heard about the change, so I clicked on the link to the stream in my favorites.

I thought I clicked on my link to 4PlayerPodcast on Justin.tv, I clicked on TBB's stream, I got the same thing.

This disgusts me, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Back to top Go down
nintenerd542
Member since Month 1!
Member since Month 1!
nintenerd542

Male
Number of posts : 99
Job/hobbies : Superman
Humor : Puns
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: uStream have been overhauled   uStream have been overhauled Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:31 am

Looks like Ustream pulled a Facebook :/. I like the color theme, but the chat's convenience suffers greatly. whenever i disconnect from the chat, all i get is an empty white box. I can't tell whether i got disconnected or banned. I'm also mad at the removal of font editing, the /me command, and the reduced size of the chat.

also...

uStream have been overhauled Lastglance
uStream have been overhauled W286

Rest In Peace, old, convenient layout
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/nintenerd245
Bippo Ernesti

Bippo Ernesti

Male
Number of posts : 433
Job/hobbies : Being tiresome and awkward.
Humor : Yes, please.
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: uStream have been overhauled   uStream have been overhauled Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:37 am

I haaaate it! Chat's kinda too buggy and stuff. I do like how the tabs now show the amount of unread messages, but that's the only positive thing I've seen in it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bippo-ernesti/index.htm
skunkyp

skunkyp

Male
Number of posts : 40
Job/hobbies : bead art,competative swimming,save on foods,swim teacher,gamer,model maker
Humor : U GET NOTHING, U LOOSE GOOD DAY SIR
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: uStream have been overhauled   uStream have been overhauled Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:47 pm

dont get me started

YOU LOOSE GOOD DAY USTREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Akagi

Akagi

Male
Number of posts : 54
Job/hobbies : Whatever I do at the hospital, I get overpaid for doing it!
Humor : Late night stream chat.
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: uStream have been overhauled   uStream have been overhauled Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 2:33 pm

Oh isn't it just great now? I love having twitter shoved down my throat. I tried out the actual ustream chat client. It feels like they're trying to do too much with it. I think they would do a lot better by getting rid of the recommended show area, and expand on the chat box more. Actually, I think the page would do better with collapsable/expandable boxes.
Back to top Go down
Azurillkirby-AK

Azurillkirby-AK

Number of posts : 190
Job/hobbies : CIT at a summer camp
Humor : OMG I LIKE KIRBY!!!
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: Re: uStream have been overhauled   uStream have been overhauled Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 4:32 am

I hate this so much and i only was on it for 3 minutes.

The /me command doesn't work, so I can't huggle yuki or eat people.

God, Ustream, if you are reading this, CHANGE IT BACK NOW!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: uStream have been overhauled   uStream have been overhauled Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

uStream have been overhauled
Page 1 of 1