Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterTom's UstreamLog in

TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament

Go down 
+34
beatman890
Claremonster
DarkSonic
Uni79
Wyvernsage_08
WiiGi
Maverick-hunterX
Zew 39
kniller7
BryanByrD1337
vhayes8886
Azurillkirby-AK
mrzepplinn
Pete993
DarkInferno
catgir
PjsPjs123
walrushead12345
jimaka
L__N
NintendoMan1
Bluetooth80291
shadowfreak1101
pacman911
RvBVic
mimeman
wasad
coolgamer
lasersamurai
itselguapo
Ronso158
qzecwx
AntropoPhagus
TomBobBlender
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TomBobBlender
Admin
Admin
TomBobBlender

Male
Number of posts : 95
Job/hobbies : Music Teacher
Humor : Happy
Infractions :
TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-16

TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Empty
PostSubject: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:46 pm

It's official. Officially official. The TomBobBlender Show will be hosting a Brawl Tournament, completely held over WiFi! What will be nice about this situation is the ability for everyone to potentially see every match and watch every player through the tournament (if you wanted to, of course. The potential is there!). It will also bring a very special dose of fun to the experience, where individuals will be able to come together, share and demonstrate their Brawl expertise in a fun and interactive way in real time, the classic dose of the typical TBB ustream formula. This tournament may be a first of its kind, where it is held exclusively online.

I believe we have enough audience to accommodate 64 entires, but would love to aim for either 128 or 256. I would like to keep the cap at 256, but if we are able to reach 512, then we might as well go for it. The battles will be 1v1

I do not wish to make this your typical "no items, only final destination" type of tournament. I foresee a fun, interactive experience where the playing environment is changed frequently. Only a few of the total stages will be removed, and certain items will remain turned off. To keep the pace of the tournament moving at a brisk rate, we could be using a 1- or 2-stock option with a 5 minute timer. I know a lot of tournaments favor 5-stock, 8-minute setup, but these are all things we can work out here. We could just turn off timers completely, but it is sometimes fun to see sudden death rounds. All characters will be made available through the tournament. Using a hack, I can save all Brawl matches regardless of the timer.

How the Tournament Will Work: everybody will be able to play at least one round. Once the elimination process has been completed (all participants have had a chance to play), the successful candidates will play again until we find our champion. Since my Brawl roster can only hold 64 Friend Codes, it may help speed things up if I added your codes ahead of time in order to keep the pace moving. If you are certain you will be able to play earlier in the tournament, you should be one of the first 64 to sign up. I will be using a DIFFERENT friend code for the tournament, then restoring my original friend code after the tournament is over.

There will not be an 'official sign-up-to-play order" list. Rather, choose a time out of YOUR schedule to join my room on Brawl to get your chance to play. Understand that you may or may not be able to join immediately. I would consider your time zone against others and working out the benefits.

Once you join the room, select your character and use the Brawl tag you used when signing up for the tourney. If you are able to change the room options, please set up the brawl fight using specific guidelines (such as disabling certain items and setting the occurrence level, stock, time, etc.). Again, please use your Brawl tag that you have registered with us when playing.

Your custom Brawl taunts need to be appropriate. Please demonstrate a positive attitude as this is a community-wide event who is judging you and your character.

If, at any point, one of you cancel a Brawl battle with "No Contest", both participants will be eliminated without a second chance. The ultimate decision will rest with me.

Please do NOT choose random when selecting your stage. Rather, make sure to select a level that has already been approved for the Tournament

I hope to host this over a weekend, planning on a 3- or 4-day weekend where everyone could be available.

Anyway, this is a rough draft of my ideas. I would certainly love your input on how envision this to be. Include anything and everything! This could be an amazing event!

Last edited by TomBobBlender on Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tombobblender.com
AntropoPhagus

Number of posts : 12
Infractions :
TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:29 am

I'm in ^^

i'll edit this post later with my wii code and such

nick: Kaji

friendcode: 4983-5290-3962

Last edited by AntropoPhagus on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
qzecwx

qzecwx

Number of posts : 5
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 5:33 am

It's worth noting that the unhacked replay time limit is three minutes, not five. Two stock w/ three minutes isn't a viable setting (and Sudden Deaths would still ruin replays, anyway), so you should probably just do the whole tournament with the infinite replay hack enabled and save any potentially disputable (or simply awesome) matches.

Hrm... We need items, huh? I do detest them so, but there is a group of people on Smashboards who have been trying for some time now to strike a balance between fairness and item influence. They have a list of items that are considered to be okay when set to Low.

Quote :
(Sandbag) (Food) (Warp Star) (Bunny Hood) (Beam Sword) (Lip’s Stick) (Star Rod) (Super Scope) (Fire Flower) (Motion Sensor Bomb) (Freezie) (Smoke Ball) (Pitfall) (Mr. Saturn) (Green Shell) (Banana Peel) (Franklin Badge) (Screw Attack)

A few others are borderline and allowed for counterpicks, but the very concept of counterpicks is an extention of the assumption that sets are decided by the best two out of three. So, yeah, just leave those out.

Stages... Oh boy. If anything is going to cause trouble, it'll probably be this. First of all, the ones that should be banned no matter what (Being reeeally lenient here):

-Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 and 1-2
-Rumble Falls
-Spear Pillar
-Port Town Aero Drive
-WarioWare, Inc.
-New Pork City
-Summit
-75m
-Mario Bros.
-Flat Zone 2
-Hanenbow
-Temple
-Big Blue

From there, you have counterpicks and neutrals. It's pretty simple when you have a three match per set setup. The first match is on a neutral chosen from an odd-numbered list by process of elimination, then in the second and third matches, the loser of the previous match is allowed to choose any neutral or counterpick. The one match setup kinda screws this up when you take into consideration just why counterpick stages are labelled as such.

Let's say a Snake and a Falco meet up. All counterpicks are allowed (because NoItemsFoxOnlyFinalDestination is bad), so both players know exactly where they want this one match to go down. The Snake would want Corneria or Green Greens because they have low ceilings. The Falco wants Jungle Japes because he can force the Snake to spend lots of time in the air and he can get really early kills from dair or side-b spikes into the water.
... Yeah. Have fun getting them to agree on something. Stages affect this and countless other matchups quite a bit. ^^;
You could tell everyone to have the game choose randomly between all the allowed stages, but there's no way to enforce this. You can't really prove they didn't randomly get a favorable stage by pure luck.

tl;dr: if there are too many people to make it best of three, there'll probably be problems.

And finally, being able to instantly disqualify your opponent if you're losing is just really, really bad.

Nick: QZECX
Back to top Go down
Ronso158

Ronso158

Male
Number of posts : 308
Job/hobbies : Video games.
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:13 am

I can see why 75m, New pork city and the temple should be banned because they are extremely big stages which gives faster characters such as pit and sonic an Advantage while slower characters such as Ike and Ganondorf will be at a disadvantage. And Big blue can be Pretty unforgiving for anyone.
Back to top Go down
itselguapo

itselguapo

Male
Number of posts : 129
Humor : La Penguina es en mi pantalones!!!! AYE DIOS MIO!!!!
Infractions :
TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:09 am

welp i'm in. As long as its no bullshit like "Metaknight is banned because hes toooooo powerful" thats bs because they allow sentinel in Marvel vs Capcom 2 tournaments and hes a cheap bastard. I'll put in my crap later.
Back to top Go down
lasersamurai

lasersamurai

Male
Number of posts : 198
Job/hobbies : Watching anime and playing games
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:35 am

I'm in too. lols I'm not great at brawl but with some notice i'll put some practice in and become better, i'd like to win 1 match XD

Name: LASER
FC: 3866-7693-7436

EDIT: Hmm, ya know I don't want too feel like crud when I don't win my 1st match so i'm not gonna take part.

Last edited by lasersamurai on Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
coolgamer

coolgamer

Male
Number of posts : 8
Job/hobbies : Sleep,Lot more
Humor : anything
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-12-22

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:36 am

This sound fun,what about the LAG >>
Back to top Go down
wasad

wasad

Male
Number of posts : 534
Job/hobbies : Hobbies: Video Gamez
Humor : Humor? Is that some type of drug? No thanks.
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:30 am

I guess I'll join xP

and let's make it No Items, Snake Only, Smashville. ... *is shot*

haha I kid. Just no unfair stages to be allowed and I'm fine hehe

Name: Kenny

Friendcode: 0473-9735-1977
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/darkmage300x
mimeman

mimeman

Male
Number of posts : 381
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:43 am

I'm in Very Happy

Name: MIME

Code: 0688-8814-3283
Back to top Go down
AntropoPhagus

Number of posts : 12
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:48 am

i don't agree with beamsword and star rod, qzey, especially beamsword....
the rest seems ok, except you can't expect EVERY participant in the over 128 players to enable the replay hack, in fact, i say ALL hacks should be disabled to prevent cheating...

Last edited by AntropoPhagus on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RvBVic

RvBVic

Male
Number of posts : 36
Job/hobbies : playing video games for fun
Humor : laughing about certain things in tombobblender ustream channel
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:51 pm

there should be 3 stock some items no smash balls
winner takes all regulation match 1vs1 matches
Back to top Go down
http://roosterteeth.com/rvbvic
pacman911

pacman911

Male
Number of posts : 251
Job/hobbies : What is a Job?
Humor : Haha... What?
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:11 pm

I'm gonna beat all of yo guys!

Friend Code: 5155-2695-5791

Nick: PAC
Back to top Go down
http://dontyouevendareclickonthislinkbecauseitwillsurelyjusttake
shadowfreak1101

shadowfreak1101

Male
Number of posts : 61
Job/hobbies : Evil dictator of the world
Humor : You're after my robot bee!
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:01 pm

I'm probably out on this one; I always tend to get carried away when I lose a 1v1, a LOT more than a 4-player match. Sorry guys.
Back to top Go down
Bluetooth80291

Bluetooth80291

Male
Number of posts : 58
Job/hobbies : Self-Proclaimed Wireless Wizard
Humor : "Dial-up" "Correct" "What?" From then on, we had the sneaky suspicion our computer teacher was trolling us.
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 1:16 am

Sounds Perfect. I'm in. Just wish to know when it is. (I have classes on Mondays and Wednesdays ALL DAY)

FC: BlueT 4253-9165-2476
Back to top Go down
NintendoMan1

NintendoMan1

Male
Number of posts : 46
Job/hobbies : Video Games
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:23 am

i would definetely like to participate in this event. even though i am not the greatest a brawl who knows i might just be able to come up with a cinderella story. i will post my fc later and i would like to say goodluck to everyone participating. i hope everyone has a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
L__N

L__N

Number of posts : 13
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:01 pm

Eh, my preferred style of Brawl is more towards "All Items High, Random Only, 75m" than the tournament style, so I'll probably sit this one out. I'm not the kind of person who has much fun when things get really competitive, which is why I prefer settings that make the game more goofy and chaotic. Nonetheless, I'll enjoy watching the other participants.

I have to agree with qzecwx on one point though, which is that the "No Contest = instant disqualification on both sides" rule is just asking to be abused by a sore loser. At the same time though, you can't just give it to whoever was winning at the time, because then someone can call a No Contest when they're winning to prevent their opponent from having a chance to make a comeback. I'm not really sure what the best solution here is.
Back to top Go down
jimaka

Male
Number of posts : 31
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 7:09 am

I'll be able to participate Very Happy This will be fun
Back to top Go down
walrushead12345

walrushead12345

Male
Number of posts : 157
Humor : define humor
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 7:51 am

I'll join in!
Back to top Go down
PjsPjs123

PjsPjs123

Male
Job/hobbies : Hobby playing games of course
Humor : you want the strawberry? Well you can't have it
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:41 pm

I'm in, Luigi time!

3438-3568-8543

Luigi
Back to top Go down
RvBVic

RvBVic

Male
Number of posts : 36
Job/hobbies : playing video games for fun
Humor : laughing about certain things in tombobblender ustream channel
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 6:52 am

im in for the brawl tournament i could use the Nintendo points
Back to top Go down
http://roosterteeth.com/rvbvic
Ronso158

Ronso158

Male
Number of posts : 308
Job/hobbies : Video games.
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 9:58 am

I'm in! 3995-6213-3666 is my FC
Name: Ronso
Back to top Go down
catgir

Number of posts : 2
Infractions :

Registration date : 2010-01-25

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:17 am

Yes I have been waiting for this tourney! cat

Name: Catgr
FC: 1032-8351-1920
Back to top Go down
DarkInferno

Male
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:19 am

I'm in this tourney as well!

FC 4210-7288-6161

Name:Dark
Back to top Go down
Pete993
The Ultimate Mario Fanatic
Pete993

Male
Number of posts : 151
Job/hobbies : Gaming, hacking, Mario
Humor : YOUR FACE! HA!
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 12:22 am

Heh this'll be awesome... I know I won't last long but I'll practice up beforehand. Good luck all.

FC: 2235-2909-3859
Nick: Pete
Back to top Go down
mrzepplinn

Number of posts : 1
Infractions :

Registration date : 2010-01-30

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 5:59 am

Heya Tom, finally a tourney id love to join hopefully i win it all ive been practicing toon link

FC : 3223-6324-4888

name: zepp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament   TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TBB's WiFi Brawl Tournament
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next