Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterTom's UstreamLog in

Poor economy.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Scott

Male
Number of posts : 32
Job/hobbies : Borders
Humor : Sure
Infractions :
Poor economy. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Poor economy. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-18

Poor economy. Empty
PostSubject: Poor economy.   Poor economy. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 3:03 am

Something needs to happen quick.

Though I'm not complaining, really, I work in retail and the lack of customers is nice for my reading.

But at this rate, we'll be out of business in no time.

Anyone else feeling the pain of this down-fall?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/KishiScott
canyouimagine

canyouimagine

Female
Number of posts : 44
Job/hobbies : Folding Paperclips.
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-11-16

Poor economy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor economy.   Poor economy. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 3:23 am

I guess the current state of the economy is having an effect on me. The majority of my Dad's income relies on his trades in the stock market. Being that the economy is in such bad shape, the market constantly fluctuates from one extreme to the next. This makes it difficult to earn any solid amount of money knowing it will be there tomorrow, because most likely it won't.

Albeit the poor state of the economy, we have to make the most of it.

Best of luck to you. =)
Back to top Go down
Myles

Myles

Male
Number of posts : 110
Job/hobbies : vidia gaims
Infractions :

Poor economy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor economy.   Poor economy. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 6:46 am

we are not having trouble in canada...I think its in crisis in the US because the US is lacking in natural resources and mainly the funding the US is putting in afganistan.. hopefully obama can change that
Back to top Go down
canyouimagine

canyouimagine

Female
Number of posts : 44
Job/hobbies : Folding Paperclips.
Infractions :

Poor economy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor economy.   Poor economy. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 7:58 am

Myles wrote:
we are not having trouble in canada...I think its in crisis in the US because the US is lacking in natural resources and mainly the funding the US is putting in afganistan.. hopefully obama can change that

It's actually because of our banks. They loaned adjustable rate mortgages to people who could never afford it. When the home mortgage's rate got too high, the person in the house needs to bail out and sells the home back to the bank without paying the full mortgage. There was a very limited law base for banks and they just went crazy leading the US economy and any other country who invested in our banks in a rut.
Back to top Go down
Myles

Myles

Male
Number of posts : 110
Job/hobbies : vidia gaims
Infractions :

Poor economy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor economy.   Poor economy. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 12:26 pm

eehhh either way I blame bush and scientologists Very Happy
Back to top Go down
coldsteel1212
The Legendary Wolf
The Legendary Wolf
coldsteel1212

Male
Number of posts : 741
Job/hobbies : Computer hacking, pic editing, LPing
Humor : Having been raised by wolves, I gained a perverted humor.
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-11-17

Poor economy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor economy.   Poor economy. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:11 pm

canyouimagine wrote:
Myles wrote:

It's actually because of our banks. They loaned adjustable rate mortgages to people who could never afford it. When the home mortgage's rate got too high, the person in the house needs to bail out and sells the home back to the bank without paying the full mortgage. There was a very limited law base for banks and they just went crazy leading the US economy and any other country who invested in our banks in a rut.

yea, CYI is right. Its the fact the banks are now asking for MORE money from customers they know they won't get it from. Its the greed of the bankers taking the majority of the toll. Obama won't be able to fix it either, because spending money we don't have really can't stimulate the economy. He needs to think more about saving it and enforcing more laws down on bankers to make the mortgage rates more reasonable. If he did that, perhaps the mainstay of this problem can be averted. As for the money the US has put into the Middle East, its not much of a problem compared to problems at home rather than abroad. People need to stop blaming Bush for everything that has gone wrong. Its not his fault and when people need a scapegoat because they are the ones who cause the problem, they force the blame on their leader. Bush does NOT control everything. People need to understand that as well. Most of what happens with US government is out of the presidents hands. Even certain bills can be put in place without his permission if it gets voted in twice by Congress. The war was not brought on by Bush, but by the US's enemies out in the Middle East. Last time I checked, we didn't blow up Afganistan, Osama blew up the World Trade Center if I remember correctly. War is the only thing some people understand. If it must be done, then so be it. Imo, Bush did the right thing. Because next time, they could blow up something much bigger. Examples could be Turkey Point down here in Florida. If that gets blown up, i have to be in the mountains in North Carolina to avoid the explosion radius. Chances are there is a similar base somewhere within that blast radius as well. All in all, we need to do something soon and fix this NOW.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/coldsteel1212
Sponsored content

Poor economy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor economy.   Poor economy. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poor economy.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off-Topic Forums :: Serious Discussion-
Jump to: