Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterTom's UstreamLog in

My Wii is Broken

Go down 
+3
nintenerd542
Smashdude29
TomBobBlender
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TomBobBlender
Admin
Admin
TomBobBlender

Male
Number of posts : 95
Job/hobbies : Music Teacher
Humor : Happy
Infractions :
My Wii is Broken Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100My Wii is Broken Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-16

My Wii is Broken Empty
PostSubject: My Wii is Broken   My Wii is Broken Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 4:49 am

My Wii has stopped reading discs. Out of nowhere. Strange enough, that same night, SpinningRobo told me that his Wii has stopped reading discs during the BK: Nuts & Bolts WiiPlay. Directly afterwards, when I went to shut down my Wii, the disc channel was blank, but Mario Kart Wii was inserted. I tried different games, including Gamecube discs, and nothing happens. The disc doesn't even spin up. I decided to check out the News Channel, and when I got back (about 10 minutes later), Mario Kart Wii showed up! I started it up. it got as far as the warning disclaimer, the disc clicked over and over and splashed an error screen indicating the disc can not be read and to remove it and shut down the Wii. To this day, it won't read discs. It still does everything else, though. As most of you all know, my Wii is COMPLETELY customized, so returning it is certainly out of the question. I got my Wii back in August 2007 and I have been using it fairly regularly. I have a feeling I may have to purchase a new disc drive and install it myself... in that case, you will all be invited to a LIVE tear-down/rebuild of the Wii. Sadly, this is not on my must-do list of things to do right now, but hopefully I'll get around to it.

Have any of you heard of or experienced this problem? Please share your stories.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tombobblender.com
Smashdude29
Official Kirbeh Masta'!/Here since Month 1!
Official Kirbeh Masta'!/Here since Month 1!
Smashdude29

Male
Number of posts : 355
Job/hobbies : hmmm...
Humor : That's what she said!
Infractions :

My Wii is Broken Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Wii is Broken   My Wii is Broken Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 5:07 am

The most i had was corrupted data, and nintendo's fix was to delete my wii's hardrive.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/smashdude29
nintenerd542
Member since Month 1!
Member since Month 1!
nintenerd542

Male
Number of posts : 99
Job/hobbies : Superman
Humor : Puns
Infractions :

My Wii is Broken Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Wii is Broken   My Wii is Broken Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:22 am

I only had this problem once during the fall of 2007. But right now, my Wii is getting pretty close to disc reading problems. Sometimes, after I clicked "Start" on the disc menu, the screen will stay black for a long time. Sometimes, it takes a few tries to reinsert the disc for the game to work.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/nintenerd245
empressdonna
TBB Official Community Leader
TBB Official Community Leader
empressdonna

Female
Number of posts : 105
Job/hobbies : Student
Humor : Pancakey!?
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-12

My Wii is Broken Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Wii is Broken   My Wii is Broken Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:09 am

I have a feeling my wii is facing the same fate as yours tom, though for now, my 'tap the wii' on the side seems to be still working.. it keeps getting worse.

Disk errors, freezing on photo channel, two splash images during AC:CF meaning two resettis and oh.. the 'error: eject disk and turn off wii' message.

I've had my wii since april 2007 [or about that] ;_;
Back to top Go down
AncientGuru
The Purveyor of Wisdom & Insight
The Purveyor of Wisdom & Insight
AncientGuru

Male
Number of posts : 129
Job/hobbies : Game Designer
Humor : dirty?
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-12-12

My Wii is Broken Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Wii is Broken   My Wii is Broken Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:17 am

My launch Wii has always been extremely slow loading, but I've never gotten a DRE fortunately. Sorry to hear you are. That's basically what my Xbox 360's RRoD symptoms were. Failure to read discs occasionally, followed by complete failure to read discs and inability to boot when a disc is in the system...but everything else works fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hammcode.com
RvBVic

RvBVic

Male
Number of posts : 36
Job/hobbies : playing video games for fun
Humor : laughing about certain things in tombobblender ustream channel
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

My Wii is Broken Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Wii is Broken   My Wii is Broken Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:25 pm

tom i hope u do fix your wii soon so it can be time for good wifi time
ive always enjoyed u playing Mario kart wii its very good entertainment
try to find a that disc drive cleaner
that might fix it
god bless and happy gaming tom!
also im gonna ask this how are u gonna play punch out wii tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
http://roosterteeth.com/rvbvic
walrushead12345

walrushead12345

Male
Number of posts : 157
Humor : define humor
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-03-27

My Wii is Broken Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Wii is Broken   My Wii is Broken Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:33 pm

Once earlyer this year i had the same disk reading problem during brawl and call of duty. before a anyone match on brawl in the wait room the music just stoped playing and right as the match was starting i got an error message saying that the disk wouldn't read, so i turned it off for a while and put AC in and it wouldnt read that. So i put Call of duty WaW in and it read and sooner after it stoped reading and i had to send it in...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Wii is Broken Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Wii is Broken   My Wii is Broken Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Wii is Broken
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: TomBobBlender :: Ustream-
Jump to: