Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterTom's UstreamLog in

What Makes a Hardcore Gamer?

Go down 
+6
gmanvr3
Merik2013
Uni79
Wanspell
wasad
TomBobBlender
10 posters
AuthorMessage
TomBobBlender
Admin
Admin
TomBobBlender

Male
Number of posts : 95
Job/hobbies : Music Teacher
Humor : Happy
Infractions :
What Makes a Hardcore Gamer? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What Makes a Hardcore Gamer? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-16

What Makes a Hardcore Gamer? Empty
PostSubject: What Makes a Hardcore Gamer?   What Makes a Hardcore Gamer? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:20 pm

We hear the media refer to these people... but what exactly makes someone a 'hardcore' gamer? Are YOU a hardcore gamer?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tombobblender.com
wasad

wasad

Male
Number of posts : 534
Job/hobbies : Hobbies: Video Gamez
Humor : Humor? Is that some type of drug? No thanks.
Infractions :
What Makes a Hardcore Gamer? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What Makes a Hardcore Gamer? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: What Makes a Hardcore Gamer?   What Makes a Hardcore Gamer? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 12:31 am

When you don't play "party games" all the time. And yes, everyone here SHOULD be a hardcore gamer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/darkmage300x
Wanspell

Wanspell

Male
Number of posts : 30
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: What Makes a Hardcore Gamer?   What Makes a Hardcore Gamer? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:45 am

When you decide that the best time to play games is after 11 o'clock.
Back to top Go down
Uni79

Uni79

Number of posts : 49
Job/hobbies : no job, hobbie playing video games, and watching some animes
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: What Makes a Hardcore Gamer?   What Makes a Hardcore Gamer? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:10 pm

I think i could be considered one because I live on my games.... I can be seen on my ps3, psp, or wii on any day at any time. I played FF12 stright untill i beat it, without sleep.
Back to top Go down
Merik2013
Wolf-Lord Merik, S-Class Psychokinetic Berserker
Wolf-Lord Merik, S-Class Psychokinetic Berserker
Merik2013

Male
Number of posts : 38
Job/hobbies : Jobs: TBB Community Leader & Veteran Moderator, College Student. Hobbies: Video Games & Anime
Humor : YOU CANNOT GRASP THE TRUE FORM OF MERIK'S HUMOR
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: What Makes a Hardcore Gamer?   What Makes a Hardcore Gamer? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 2:11 pm

wasad wrote:
When you don't play "party games" all the time. And yes, everyone here SHOULD be a hardcore gamer.

that is, unless they're one of those newbs who think Halo or some similar game is "the best game in the history of mankind". I'm also tired of the occasional politician or activist who thinks playing a social internet MMO game like WoW qualifies them to be called a gamer. The kids need some culture, I say.
Back to top Go down
gmanvr3

Number of posts : 15
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: What Makes a Hardcore Gamer?   What Makes a Hardcore Gamer? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:59 am

1 thing: devotion

How "hardcore" of a gamer can be decided on how devoted you are to gaming in general. It can shown by the price you pay for video games or fierce debating with others. Being hardcore means that you have given so such much time and money to video games that it seems "hardcore".
Back to top Go down
Jeed-Unit

Jeed-Unit

Male
Number of posts : 170
Job/hobbies : Being full of surprises
Humor : Old School
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: What Makes a Hardcore Gamer?   What Makes a Hardcore Gamer? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 6:52 am

When the first thing you do when you wake up at 6 am is play touhou on extra mode to wake you up. I think this can be considered as hardcore Razz But seriously, and personally, I'd call someone hardcore a person who can beat any challenges in many different games.
Back to top Go down
mimeman

mimeman

Male
Number of posts : 381
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: What Makes a Hardcore Gamer?   What Makes a Hardcore Gamer? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:04 am

I iz a hardcore gamah!!! I usually stay up until about 12:00 AM every night playing new/retro games Very Happy....

also, when you accept games for being fun and enjoying them. Not just playing a game just because everybody on you block or in your school likes it. For Example, I actually like platforming games the most. From the NES days to today! but i sometimes like FPS too, but I don't play one just because it' cool, I play them because I like to have fun!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mimeman

mimeman

Male
Number of posts : 381
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: What Makes a Hardcore Gamer?   What Makes a Hardcore Gamer? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:06 am

oh yeah, and also You can tell when you be a controller hog xD
Back to top Go down
Eat box

Eat box

Male
Number of posts : 67
Humor : Rofflemaow?
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: What Makes a Hardcore Gamer?   What Makes a Hardcore Gamer? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:44 am

You know you're a hardcore gamer when you're playing Halo 3 in your room at 5am. And you're room is your mom's basement. And you're 40.
Back to top Go down
walrushead12345

walrushead12345

Male
Number of posts : 157
Humor : define humor
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: What Makes a Hardcore Gamer?   What Makes a Hardcore Gamer? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 1:55 pm

i personally think hardcore is bs. but if i was to decide what makes a hardcore gammer it would be when you hate no system....except the 32x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Makes a Hardcore Gamer?   What Makes a Hardcore Gamer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Makes a Hardcore Gamer?
Page 1 of 1