Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterTom's UstreamLog in

In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k

Go down 
+32
Masheysoup23
Smashdude29
boombastix489
Sisto
AncientGuru
mimeman
coldsteel1212
Game_Freak
empressdonna
Bluetooth80291
AsianDude
Pete993
Giga Man
Strike2471
IXCE
theprimerib
Maverick-hunterX
HahaJoeJoey
Wyvernsage_08
Foxtrot200
Delta4845
CrispyYoshi
wasad
itselguapo
SuperMario_5200
nintenerd542
KaylaAlex
shadowfreak1101
yuki_fox_demon
chuckroast
RvBVic
TomBobBlender
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TomBobBlender
Admin
Admin
TomBobBlender

Male
Number of posts : 95
Job/hobbies : Music Teacher
Humor : Happy
Infractions :
In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-16

In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Empty
PostSubject: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:11 pm

On October 3rd, after preparing to download Left 4 Dead 2 on my XBox360, I decided to check my inbox since I haven't had the chance the past few days. Scanning my messages on my live stream as I tend to do, I came across a very sad e-mail, sharing with me very unfortunate news...

At around 1:30 PM PST on October 26th, 2009, KiotsuNekura (or KiotsuNekura10k, as he was known in the TomBobBlender community) passed away due to Muscular Dystrophy.

I responded to the e-mail expressing my sincere condolences to his family on behalf of myself and the members of the stream.

We all deal with death differently, and I thought this would be a very respectable way for all of us to express our thoughts and feelings. I am in the process of searching for the ability to submit this information to his family.

I would like to organize a fundraiser, to support a cause for Muscular Dystrophy. Since Kiotsu was heavily involved in gaming, a marathon in his memory would be ideal, especially pertaining to games that he enjoyed. I am of course open to ideas and suggestions from the community.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tombobblender.com
TomBobBlender
Admin
Admin
TomBobBlender

Male
Number of posts : 95
Job/hobbies : Music Teacher
Humor : Happy
Infractions :
In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:36 pm

Kiotsu was a long-time member of our stream community. He was very dedicated to video games, and ALWAYS seemed to know EVERYTHING about EVERY game I was playing. He was rather verbal in the chat room, often remembered as someone who was rather loud and obnoxious. He would constantly yell 'at' me, ripping at my poor direction skills and trying desperately to keep me on track. He was often removed from the chat due to his behavior, only to immediately contact me through Skype, begging to be let back in, expressing how much he loves to be with us and loves to watch me play. He was always very sorry about it, and even after explaining the reasons for his temporary removal, he waited eagerly to be let back in, sending me messages on steady intervals of time announcing his return. He blamed much of his behavior due to panic attacks and the effects of his medication. He was excessively apologetic about it, claiming it changes him emotionally and was unable to control it. I was well aware of his condition, which in turn grew an understanding for him. As I am with most of you, I was very lenient with him. Unfortunately, this pattern repeated continuously, and that was just the way it was from then on.

Kiotsu had co-hosted for me once during my Mega Man X Marathon, where he co-hosted for MMX2. I remember the chat making fun of his voice, where I immediately snapped at them for their disrespect. As I had predicted, he knew every little detail about the game, and got me through rather quickly. He recently attended regularly, although did not participate in the public chat.

I find situations like this to be devastating, and had a mixed reaction when I learned of his passing. It was a person I did not personally know, but was a person that I grew to know. He was just a teenager... and that brings tears to my eyes. No one deserves to lose their life so early, especially to a disease that slowly kills you from the inside. I have never known anyone that I had any kind of connection with to die at such a young age. Now I know what it feels like, and it's something I wish to never feel again.

Whether I know all of you or not in real life, or whether we talk independently from the stream community, you are all real people to me and I treat you as such. We are a community, and some of us have been together for as much as two years. Kiotsu was no different, and he was very passionate about that.

My thoughts are with you and your family, Kiotsu. You're in a better place, far away from the pain and suffering you have endured. We love you and we will not forget you.

- TBB

Last edited by TomBobBlender on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tombobblender.com
RvBVic

RvBVic

Male
Number of posts : 36
Job/hobbies : playing video games for fun
Humor : laughing about certain things in tombobblender ustream channel
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:48 pm

tom ill recommend this i think i remember what foundation helps out kids since i watch the labor day telethon of it every year its the muscular dystrophy association the telethon that helps Jerry Lewis kids in the program people like are friend who has passed on kiotsunekura
i say the next marathon we do it for the for kiotsu nekura ill forward u the info on here in pvt message about the foundation http://www.mda.org/ also i said this in pac's forum topic but i need to say it here to help so here it is what can i say about kiotsunekura well alot ive known he yelled about tom not doing things right but he was always trying to help and good friend i know he is passed on now but i thought it would be only fitting to pay tribute to our fallen chat member and good friend kiotsunekura so long good friend u will be missed in the tombobblender ustream chat by all members and to his family we mourn his loss as u do because he was one of those kinda guys which we have come to know and like to talk to even though he is has passed on his spirit will be carried on in the chat and with that kiotsu the tombobblender chatroom is great full for meeting you thank u for all u have done god's speed signed RvBVic.

Last edited by RvBVic on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://roosterteeth.com/rvbvic
chuckroast

chuckroast

Male
Number of posts : 184
Humor : The Falcon Punch is Over 9000 Spartan Mudkips
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 7:54 pm

Wow... Kiotsu... He was a cool guy. I hope he's in a better place now, at least, where he can play video games or do whatever he wants forever.

Kiotsu. Rest in peace, dude.

EDIT: Also, if you guys decide to do a marathon for muscular dystrophy, or say a sort of stream memorial for him, let me know. I'll gladly return for something like that.
Back to top Go down
yuki_fox_demon
TBB Official Community Leader/Marshmallow Ghost
TBB Official Community Leader/Marshmallow Ghost
yuki_fox_demon

Female
Number of posts : 451
Job/hobbies : book-addict, writing, drawing, staying up *way* too late on tom's stream (X3), playing video games
Humor : "Moo" "Marshmallow" "Pkowr!"
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 12:14 am

Kiotsu was one of the first members of the stream to befriend me. He was definately very talkative and we often got onto him for that, but he knew his stuff. I did some research on his condition when i was a senior in high school, so i know a little bit about it. It always affects males (in rare cases, females) and they don't often live past childhood. You would never have guessed that Kiotsu had such a condition. He was always energetic and friendly to everyone and always wanted to help Tom out.

I recently lost a very good friend due to her own medical condition, so my sympathy goes to his family and everyone else from our stream community. I'll miss you, Kiotsu, and though you are no longer with us, I'll be comforted by the fact you're in a place where you don't have to suffer from your condition any longer. Rest in peace, buddy.
Back to top Go down
shadowfreak1101

shadowfreak1101

Male
Number of posts : 61
Job/hobbies : Evil dictator of the world
Humor : You're after my robot bee!
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 12:18 am

Yes, truly a sad time for everyone. I can only say that I hope he's having a good afterlife, free from his former suffering. RIP, Kiotsu; I may have never talked to you at all, but I still feel immense pain from your loss.

Tom, if you do happen to do a marathon for this, I would be more than happy to assist in any way possible. Like we said in the chat when you found out about this tragic news, let's make it about all his favorite games that you never got to play before.

But, all I can really say is that I offer my condolences to everyone who knew him, either on the stream or in real life. Goodbye, Kiotsu...
Back to top Go down
KaylaAlex

Female
Number of posts : 5
Job/hobbies : Singing, Drawing, Writing, Roleplaying
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 12:30 am

While I have never personally lost somebody in real life at a young age, I do know what you mean about losing somebody you felt you knew. I too have lost an online friend to disease and them slipping away is not a feeling one wishes to remember. It hurts just as much as if you really knew them and as much as if they were beside you every day. Older people may claim an internet friend can never really be a friend, knowing full well the distance involved between computers, but they're wrong. It's hard NOT to get close to somebody on the internet to the point where if you speak to them often enough you feel you've always known them. I may not know Kiotsu but I know the pain.

Now, I don't frequently post on this forum as may or may not be known. Still Tom you are a friend of mine and I wanted to say that even though I can't offer much more than an e-hug I'm here for you and so is everyone else in this big wacky e-family we've got going on. From fans to friends to family. That's how we all work, eh?

If you ever do a marathon while I can't really contribute due to not having money and I can't watch much due to my internet situation, I support your idea. Power to you and everyone else who's feeling this loss.

Always there,

Kayla Alex
Back to top Go down
http://flameshuken.deviantart.com
nintenerd542
Member since Month 1!
Member since Month 1!
nintenerd542

Male
Number of posts : 99
Job/hobbies : Superman
Humor : Puns
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 2:55 am

After the death of Lou Albano, I thought it would be the end of the deaths of people we know and love. But death decided to strike the hearts of the ones I did not see coming, the whole community of TBB. This really shocked me when I learned about Kiotsu dead. I hope for the better of Kioutsu's free soul and the quick end for 2009 *shakes fist at a 2009 calendar*
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/nintenerd245
SuperMario_5200

SuperMario_5200

Male
Number of posts : 132
Job/hobbies : Video games Duh!
Humor : My Humor is hilarious so dont test my humor or i will final smash ur A**
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 3:58 am

That is really sad he must have been a very good person, and its sad that he died sooner than he wanted. This Marathon is a great idea and i commend tom for doing this for the disease. Tom as i recall we had a mother Marathon that went very well so i think we should have something like a Mario Marathon to raise the money. P.S. R.I.P KiotsuNekura A.K.A KiotsuNekura10K. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
itselguapo

itselguapo

Male
Number of posts : 129
Humor : La Penguina es en mi pantalones!!!! AYE DIOS MIO!!!!
Infractions :
In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 5:03 am

Yup it was quite sad i was like... oooo toms gonna know soon when he sees his inbox its quite a sad thing, and now i don't think we should do a mario marathon but just have a slide in his honor, he was good guy and something like a mario marathon just to get satisfaction out of it is out of the question. Kiotsu you were a good guy. Take care of yourself up there or wherever you are since nobody really knows where you go when you die. You just never know when you might kick the bucket, hense you must make the best out of your life. Say hello to Lou Albano for me kiotsu.
Back to top Go down
wasad

wasad

Male
Number of posts : 534
Job/hobbies : Hobbies: Video Gamez
Humor : Humor? Is that some type of drug? No thanks.
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 5:11 am

Kiotsu was always knowledgeable about games. Yes, he really was obnoxious, too. I would also think of him as annoying. I wish I would had known about Kiotsu's condition. Nevertheless, I offer my deepest condolences to the great person Kiotsu is. Even though Kiotsu hasn't talked as of late, I remember how he was from back then. By the description that was given, it sounds like Kiotsu really had a passion for gaming. I only hope for happiness for Kiotsu in the life after death. Let's all pray for Kiotsu. No matter what religion we are, may it be Christian, Catholic, Jewish, Buddhist, Islam, or whatever, we must keep Kiotsu in our hearts and pray that he may have a happy afterlife. R.I.P. KiotsuNekura10k Everyone will miss you. You truly are a great guy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/darkmage300x
CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi

Male
Number of posts : 5
Humor : filler
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 5:39 am

I wish Kiotsu a sincere farewell. I may not have known him, but I just want to pay some respect for them. I hope you are in a better place, Kiotsu.
Back to top Go down
http://crispyyoshi.hostei.com/
Delta4845

Delta4845

Male
Number of posts : 232
Job/hobbies : Stream Boird
Humor : Dead-pan
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 5:44 am

A fundraiser sounds like a good idea. maybe include MMX2 or some of the other games he co hosted in.
Back to top Go down
http://escapistmagazine.com
Foxtrot200
Official TBB Techno-King/Here since Month 2!
Official TBB Techno-King/Here since Month 2!
Foxtrot200

Male
Number of posts : 306
Location : On a spot, in a room, in a house, on a lot, on a planet, in a galaxy, in a universe!
Job/hobbies : Moderating
Humor : Mischevious >:}
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 5:55 am

Kiotsu, like all stream members, was an important part of our community. Like Tom said, he enjoyed the stream and treasured every moment he had with us. He always had good intentions and was never really a bad person at all. He was an active participant in stream discussions and had faith in his point. I've talked to him a few times and it saddens me to think that we'll never hear from or see him again...

I wish the best of his family as they must be having a hard time. It's sad when someone you know dies at a young age. I guess I can relate because one of my very good friends died just before he went into high school, on the day he was going to go school shopping. I can understand the pain and I really do not wish it upon anyone. I've seen what it does to parents. Such pain isn't worthy of Satan himself. The mother of my old friend wouldn't eat anything for almost a week. I just hope to God that Kiotsu's mother doesn't fall so low.

Although it is depressing when someone leaves us, we must remember that it is our ultimate destiny and that when the time comes for us to leave the Earth, we will be better off and away from worldly suffering. Though it is sad, we must be happy for our friend and not seek the selfish desire to see him again, at least not for a long while.

I know I sound a bit spiritual or religious, but I am. Life without religion is life without purpose, in my eyes.

I'll do whatever I can to support any kind of memorial project that comes about. Kiotsu will always have a special place in my heart and in the stream.

Be free, Kiotsu. Good luck in the afterlife.
Back to top Go down
http://foxtrot200.netii.net
Wyvernsage_08

Wyvernsage_08

Male
Number of posts : 58
Job/hobbies : Gaming, music, art
Humor : anything that gets me to laugh
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 6:15 am

i might not have known him well but he will be missed all the same....rip buddy
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/wyvernsage08/
HahaJoeJoey

HahaJoeJoey

Male
Number of posts : 20
Job/hobbies : Snoozing.
Humor : Great.
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:20 am

Not too much to say here. Kiotsu, though i didn't know you too well, and we never really chat, i just wanna say that everybody will miss you. your energetic quirkyness makes quite an impression in the chat lol.
my condolences go out to you and your family.
rest easy.

- Joey
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pokeerhymeswidjoey
Maverick-hunterX

Maverick-hunterX

Male
Number of posts : 19
Job/hobbies : Maverick Hunter :3, Games, Anime, Anime Music
Humor : Make Me!
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:57 am

I truly regret that I don't have much memory of sush a great person, and that I was not able to be here for his performence on co-hosting Tom with MMX2 as I hoped I could have. even though we we're not related by blood, he was still part of this family of Gamers.
R.I.P. Kiotsu
Back to top Go down
theprimerib

Number of posts : 78
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 8:53 am

Man, 09 has just been one of the saddest year in...ever.

I wouldn't really say that I respected Kiotsu that much in the stream, being one to want (and generally force) a calm nature in the chat, I can recall a couple times of me mouthing off (in this case texting off?) at him for his "back-seat co-hosting".

If all I can say, all I want to say is just that I would like to deeply apologize for the way I have treated his behavior over this past year. Sorry for all of the little scuffles that have occurred between us. It is weird saying this because i never thought i would find myself mourning and apologizing to someone who I never knew personally but, at the risk of seeming weird to myself...sorry.
Back to top Go down
IXCE

IXCE

Male
Number of posts : 46
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 9:15 am

Its really sad to lose someone at such a young age. Not to take anything away from Kiotsu's death but a cousin of mine had passed away not too long ago and she was only 17 years old. It's just horrible and I hope his family gets through this.

I never really knew him but I joked around with him by calling him 'catsoup' pretending I didn't know how to pronounce his username. I did notice he wouldn't talk anymore in the chat when he was around but I didn't know he was ill. It's really nice to know that even then he still showed his dedication to the stream till the end.
Back to top Go down
Strike2471

Strike2471

Male
Number of posts : 46
Job/hobbies : Depends on my mood.
Humor : NO I DO NOT WANT A FISHING MAGAZINE!
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 9:33 am

This is very sad. Kiotsu has been in the stream as long as I can remember, it feels really bad knowing that he is gone. A Marathon in memory of Kiotsu seems like a great idea. You could play all of his favorite games (assuming someone knows them).

Rest In Peace Kiotsu, you will be missed.
Back to top Go down
Giga Man

Giga Man

Number of posts : 23
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:01 am

KiotsuNekura... He was quite the character. He was very exclamatory when it came to Tom making mistakes in playthroughs. I sometimes made fun of him because of his outbursts, but nothing really offensive. I never disliked him, though. He was a good person and I respected that. But I feel bad because I never really showed him that respect. He truly is in a better place.

Rest in peace, Kiotsu. You will not be forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Pete993
The Ultimate Mario Fanatic
Pete993

Male
Number of posts : 151
Job/hobbies : Gaming, hacking, Mario
Humor : YOUR FACE! HA!
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:35 am

Oh... poor Kiotsu... I didn't know him too well but I remember him a little... Poor kid... He will truly be missed.

R.I.P. Kiotsu
Back to top Go down
AsianDude

AsianDude

Male
Number of posts : 29
Job/hobbies : Video games... What else?
Humor : I like radom stuff.
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 12:18 pm

Great... Now I feel terrible about all the times that I've yelled at him to shut up. Kiotsu, if you can hear me, no hard feelings. I remember him begging Tommy boy to play Legend of the Mystical Ninja during Game Over. I think that it would be a good idea to fulfill his wish. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Bluetooth80291

Bluetooth80291

Male
Number of posts : 58
Job/hobbies : Self-Proclaimed Wireless Wizard
Humor : "Dial-up" "Correct" "What?" From then on, we had the sneaky suspicion our computer teacher was trolling us.
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 1:29 am

I didn't know Kiotsu that much, but this still feels bad. I'm gonna miss him. Even though I don't know him much I have a proposal, I guess you'd call it. I looked at the one post he made on the forums. Apparently he liked Yoshi a lot. Maybe October 26th could be Kiotsu Day and Tom could play games and do other things where Yoshi is the star, like Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's Cookies, and anything else someone can think of.

Gonna miss you Kiotsu. Wish I could've gotten to know you better.
Back to top Go down
empressdonna
TBB Official Community Leader
TBB Official Community Leader
empressdonna

Female
Number of posts : 105
Job/hobbies : Student
Humor : Pancakey!?
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 1:32 am

I remember asking if I pronounced KiotsuNekura's name properly on the mic when co-hosting...

It's a sad day, and I regret not getting to know him better or if I ever shouted at him for any reason.

We will remember you always.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k   In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Memorium - KiotsuNekura10k
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: TomBobBlender :: Ustream-
Jump to: