Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterTom's UstreamLog in

[Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Joseph Collins

Joseph Collins

Male
Number of posts : 8
Humor : So this guy walks into a bar...
Infractions :
[Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100[Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-25

[Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled... Empty
PostSubject: [Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled...   [Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:15 am

...for charity! Yes. Hustled for charity. This actually happened last night, but I was too tired to document it.

Last night, I was watching TomBobBlender play through Mega Man 10's Wily stages (because he was still playing at 2 AM, thankfully). He'd was playing Mega Man 1-10 for the Haiti Relief Fund, see, with a break between 9 and 10 because he's human and he needs sleep.
After he beat the game Mega Man 10, he played Mega Man 2 on Difficult mode. He got to the Wily Stages with no problem whatsoever, so I proposed a challenge to him. "Beat the Boo Beam Trap (Wily Castle 4 boss) with two Crash Bombs remaining and I'll donate $50.00!"
Well, TomBob died on his first try, as he usually does. When he went back (after refilling) the SECOND time, though... He pulled it off. I looked in utter shock and his weapon meter had exactly two Crash Bombs left.
Now... It's all well and good that he did it, but here's where the "scam" comes in. Apparently, TomBob and one of his co-hosts played me for a sap. It turns out that if you die fighting the Boo Beam Trap and return to the fight, the walls that protect it do not respawn. ._. Not until the Game Over screen, anyway. So in theory, he could have easily done it with three Crash Bombs remaining. But he did it with two. And I paid the $50.00 to his charity, because I'm a man of my word. XD

When I made this challenge, I didn't say "on your first try". In fact, I said "dying is okay". My only real stipulation was, in fact, "no weird glitches". Now, he didn't use any glitches. At all. This is more an "oversight" And because I genuinely didn't know that happened (because, simply put, I never die to that boss), I manned-up and paid $50.00 to the fund just like I said I would. Because, despite being hustled on a technicality...I lost the bet fair and square. XD

Never let it be said TomBob's fans aren't both generous and honorable!

Incidentally, I found out last night what I asked to do was impossible to do on your first try anyway. At least not without glitching.
Back to top Go down
http://go.to/killermegabytesco
Zew 39

Zew 39

Male
Number of posts : 287
Humor : When people try to think of something clever to put here.
Infractions :
[Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100[Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: [Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled...   [Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:11 am

Well hopefully that 50 bucks could help out a family! maybe buy some kid a wii game or soemthing. Lols
Back to top Go down
yuki_fox_demon
TBB Official Community Leader/Marshmallow Ghost
TBB Official Community Leader/Marshmallow Ghost
yuki_fox_demon

Female
Number of posts : 451
Job/hobbies : book-addict, writing, drawing, staying up *way* too late on tom's stream (X3), playing video games
Humor : "Moo" "Marshmallow" "Pkowr!"
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: [Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled...   [Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 11:23 am

i'm fairly sure they have more important things to spend their money on than a Wii...
Back to top Go down
Zew 39

Zew 39

Male
Number of posts : 287
Humor : When people try to think of something clever to put here.
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: [Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled...   [Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 12:25 pm

Your so right.... I apologize... We need to make sure their tv's still work.
Back to top Go down
AncientGuru
The Purveyor of Wisdom & Insight
AncientGuru

Male
Number of posts : 129
Job/hobbies : Game Designer
Humor : dirty?
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: [Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled...   [Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 4:13 pm

That would be me. I'm the cohost who knew what was going on. I tried to clarify if deaths were really okay...but once you said yes, I wasn't going to argue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hammcode.com
Joseph Collins

Joseph Collins

Male
Number of posts : 8
Humor : So this guy walks into a bar...
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: [Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled...   [Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:35 am

I still say don't worry about it, Gu! I had every intention of following through with my bet and I did exactly that. Very Happy Sometimes you have to get hustled before you learn your lesson. My ego needed that little nudge down. I now realize I'm not the "Mega Master" I thought I was. XD Thus, I shall rectify that by playing a lot of Rockman. :3

(It was still awful nice of people to throw me a buttload of DP because they felt bad. Though now I feel a little guilty. ^_^; Guess I'll just have to give, give, give! X3)
Back to top Go down
http://go.to/killermegabytesco
AncientGuru
AncientGuru

Male
Number of posts : 129
Job/hobbies : Game Designer
Humor : dirty?
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: [Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled...   [Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:42 pm

Nah, just use it to get yourself a nice entrance or exit sound. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.hammcode.com
Griff

Griff

Male
Number of posts : 93
Humor : I'll sneak up behind you and POUNCE, because I am a sneaky person
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-07-01

PostSubject: Re: [Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled...   [Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 5:26 pm

LOL

never feel bad when others give out DP for what you did for charity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled...   [Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Mega Man Marathon] I Got Hustled...
Page 1 of 1