Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterTom's UstreamLog in

How do i transfer whole steam accounts? from one comp to another?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

How do i transfer whole steam accounts? from one comp to another? Empty
PostSubject: How do i transfer whole steam accounts? from one comp to another?   How do i transfer whole steam accounts? from one comp to another? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 2:39 pm

I want to trnsfer everything in my steam account including games and the account itself (friends, etc). Is the best way to create a backup file of my games, put it in an external hardrive, connect the hardrive to my other comp, and just drop the folder?
===============
Search Engine Optimization UK | Link Building Services
Back to top Go down
Yarlynao

Yarlynao

Male
Number of posts : 19
Infractions :
How do i transfer whole steam accounts? from one comp to another? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100How do i transfer whole steam accounts? from one comp to another? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: How do i transfer whole steam accounts? from one comp to another?   How do i transfer whole steam accounts? from one comp to another? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:56 pm

All of the games, friends and settings are tied to your steam account, your could reinstall them to you new computer. Alternatively, You could create backup DVDs, or transferring content, and the program itself over to external hard drive. The bulk of the games content is in the .gcf and .ncf files.

Last edited by Yarlynao on Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
coldsteel1212
The Legendary Wolf
The Legendary Wolf
coldsteel1212

Male
Number of posts : 741
Job/hobbies : Computer hacking, pic editing, LPing
Humor : Having been raised by wolves, I gained a perverted humor.
Infractions :
How do i transfer whole steam accounts? from one comp to another? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100How do i transfer whole steam accounts? from one comp to another? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: How do i transfer whole steam accounts? from one comp to another?   How do i transfer whole steam accounts? from one comp to another? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:03 pm

Yarlynao wrote:
All of the games, friends and settings are tied to your steam account, you could reinstall them to you new computer. Alternatively, You could create backup DVDs, or transferring content, and the program itself over to external hard drive. The bulk of the games content is in the .gcf and .ncf files.

Yes this is true, but a DVD backup would take hours if not days if he has the orange box and l4d bundle. So, hard drive or wireless transfer is a better option. Or direct cord transfer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/coldsteel1212
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do i transfer whole steam accounts? from one comp to another?   How do i transfer whole steam accounts? from one comp to another? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do i transfer whole steam accounts? from one comp to another?
Page 1 of 1