Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterTom's UstreamLog in

Username Origins

Go down 
+14
shadowfreak1101
Pete993
jamesbob006
MeNoSeeGood
Pelord
Strike2471
Nintony58
Max15946
PulseLane
shipguy55
gdub67
yuki_fox_demon
Unholyrath
weber121
18 posters
AuthorMessage
weber121

weber121

Male
Number of posts : 30
Job/hobbies : PS3, Wii, DS, Hunting, Fishing, Soccer
Humor : I don't believe in said humor.
Infractions :
Username Origins Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Username Origins Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-04-10

Username Origins Empty
PostSubject: Username Origins   Username Origins Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:43 pm

I was thinking the other day. Some user names are very strange that i see in the chat. Something that I'd love to see is the origins of your user names. So please, if you'd like to, share the story of your user name and where it came from in this thread. I'll begin with my user name:

Weber121
Weber is my last name.
The number 121 came from, and i hate admitting it, Runescape. I wanted to make my Runescape account name Weber4(4 being my baseball number), but it wasn't available. Weber121 was a suggested user name and it just stuck since then.
Back to top Go down
http://backloggery.com/weber121
Unholyrath

Male
Number of posts : 21
Humor : Humorous.. :3
Infractions :

Registration date : 2010-04-24

Username Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Origins   Username Origins Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:45 pm

My name has quite meh origins.

First time I ever used the name Unholyrath was in Final Fantasy 11 Online. I was going to use the name Rath, after the nomad character in Fire Emblem, but it was taken, so because I played as a Black Mage, I stuck Unholy on the front.
Back to top Go down
yuki_fox_demon
TBB Official Community Leader/Marshmallow Ghost
TBB Official Community Leader/Marshmallow Ghost
yuki_fox_demon

Female
Number of posts : 451
Job/hobbies : book-addict, writing, drawing, staying up *way* too late on tom's stream (X3), playing video games
Humor : "Moo" "Marshmallow" "Pkowr!"
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-11-16

Username Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Origins   Username Origins Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:55 pm

oh, man. well, mine goes back to my tagged days. i was a big fan of Naruto at the time, and was just getting into anime and japanese stuff. "yuki" was the only japanese word i knew that could be used for a name, and i thought it was pretty. so i started out with just yuki, and then i started going to a video game chatroom on tagged, which was mostly role-play. i ended up becoming part of a group on there, who were furries. so, i added "fox demon" onto my name, in honor of Naruto. and it's stuck ever since.
Back to top Go down
gdub67

gdub67

Male
Number of posts : 24
Job/hobbies : I work in Surgery
Humor : my humor is so good they call it icecream wait did that make sense?
Infractions :

Registration date : 2010-04-06

Username Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Origins   Username Origins Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 2:41 pm

One of the first times I was in a chat room (I didn't even have a screename yet) it was cuase my friend had to go do something and was chatting with his cousin, he asked me to talk to her for a bit so i did. We talked for a while and she asked me about myself and i told her some stuff. We talked about family and friends and I told her about a fight I had been in a few days before because somebody pushed one of my friends into a locker. She told me i was protective of those around me much like a wolf. After that she started calling me Wolfy. After talking to her for a while she asked me how old I was. She was suprised that I was so much younger then her and told me that I was very wise for my age.She said i had an old soul. She started calling me Greywolf. She told me i should join the site that she and my friend were on so i did and I tried to sign up as greywolf but it was already taken so I added my football number (67) to it. I kept that name for a couple of years untill one day this girl i was dating and i were chatting and instead of typing out greywolf she just called me gw. I asked her not to do that cause it was too short i wouldnt notice she was talkin to me if other ppl were in the chat so she called me gdub and it sort of stuck in that chat and i took it to some other places after that to the point where i dont think anyone calls me greywolf anymore.

So Thx To Stephen for having something to do

Thx To Emily for naming me

Thx To Jen for being to lazy to type my name and maintain our relationship lol she is still my friend though

And Thanks to my family and friends for making me so protective of them.

And thank you all for reading this long boring story of how i got my name

Jon
Greywolf
Greywolf67
gdub
gdub67
Back to top Go down
shipguy55
Member since Month 2!
Member since Month 2!
shipguy55

Male
Number of posts : 6
Job/hobbies : video games
Humor : dirty
Infractions :

Registration date : 2010-05-07

Username Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Origins   Username Origins Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:17 pm

I had my grandpa (moms side) die when I was 4. Sad He was a smoker and died of lung cancer. He lived by the water because he loved the ocean. He used to take me on his boat and that is my favorite childhood memory. When I was 9 I lost intrest in my old usersname bobby084 (Robert/Rob/Bobby is my name). Yahoo! had shipguy taken so i used shipguy55. I stuck with the name because this is in memory of Edward Callahan (inventor/my grandpa).
R.I.P poppop
Back to top Go down
PulseLane

PulseLane

Female
Number of posts : 63
Infractions :

Registration date : 2010-02-20

Username Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Origins   Username Origins Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:23 pm

I had just finished drawing a picture of a dragon and I wanted to come up with a name for it. I sat for a while, until I randomly thought of the name "PulseLane". I have no clue why that came to my mind, but it did, and I've used it for my user-names ever since.
Back to top Go down
gdub67

gdub67

Male
Number of posts : 24
Job/hobbies : I work in Surgery
Humor : my humor is so good they call it icecream wait did that make sense?
Infractions :

Registration date : 2010-04-06

Username Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Origins   Username Origins Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:28 pm

lol Pulse thats kinda how i came up with my backup name

SubliminalInjury is what i wanted to name my band in Rock Band but my friends came up with another name which we all liked so i just kept SubliminalInjury for myself.

Nice Avatar btw
Back to top Go down
weber121

weber121

Male
Number of posts : 30
Job/hobbies : PS3, Wii, DS, Hunting, Fishing, Soccer
Humor : I don't believe in said humor.
Infractions :

Registration date : 2010-04-10

Username Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Origins   Username Origins Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:43 am

I'm glad to see i got some replies, and i enjoyed reading every one! I hope i get many more posts here.
Back to top Go down
http://backloggery.com/weber121
Max15946

Max15946

Male
Number of posts : 10
Humor : Im A Ninja!!!
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-10-25

Username Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Origins   Username Origins Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:22 am

i always used max as a username because i thought max was a cool name but it was always taken (i wonder why lol) so i just add random numbers then i was signing up for Millsbury (the old website advirtised on the back of the Cinnamon Toast Crunch box) but the name max was taken so i had to add 8 chararters so i had a number pad (like on a cell phone) that i type numbers on, so i went from 1 to 5 to 9 then used the 2 numbers i didnt use in the middle row (dont know why) 4 and 6 and thats how i got it about a year ago the name max15946 looks weird like i was a normal chat goer so i didnt like that so i capitalisted the M so it is Max15946 so now it looks more formal and thats how i got my username

to sum things up i got my username from looking at the back of a cerral box

max
max251
max15946
Max15946
Back to top Go down
Nintony58

Male
Number of posts : 4
Job/hobbies : Drawing
Infractions :

Registration date : 2010-04-22

Username Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Origins   Username Origins Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:12 am

I took "Nintendo" and "Sony" and got "Nintony". I reason that Ive only owned Nintendo and Sony consoles.

"58" was just a random number ,but later I found 5 + 8 = 13, 13 is my age when I created the name, and now 58 (or 5 and 8 ) is my favorite number/s.

On Ustream and some other websites instead of 58 I put "BLAST" which is the name of one of my original characters. I only decided to use "BLAST" ,because I noticed a lot of people use different names for different websites.

I actually got the name for one of my other OC's from my username. I took the name "tony" and named one my characters Anthony (Tony for short). Tony also being a reference to Iron Man, considering he also uses a mechanical suit (even though I didnt really know anything about Iron Man, because I came up with Tony before the movies).
Back to top Go down
Strike2471

Strike2471

Male
Number of posts : 46
Job/hobbies : Depends on my mood.
Humor : NO I DO NOT WANT A FISHING MAGAZINE!
Infractions :

Username Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Origins   Username Origins Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:48 am

My username goes way far back into the days when I was a Sonic Fanboy. I was like all the other n00bs who made a fan character which was usually just a recolor of Sonic. I was using some Sonic character creation thing I found and was trying to think of a name, I eventually named it Strike the hedgehog and was my username for a short time. Though I quickly wised up and learned that fan characters were stupid, though the name Strike sticked with me since then.

The numbers 24 and 71 have a separate back story for each of them and both involve car racing.

The number 24 came from when I was a huge NASCAR fan and my favorite driver was Jeff Gordon and his car number was 24. For a long time I had my username as Strike24 until the 71 came along.

The number 71 came from when I watched my first sprint car race. I was watching as the people were figuring out which sprint cars would get into the final race. The number 71 car caught my eye and made it to the finals. When the finals started I was making friendly bets with some friends over which car would win. I choose the 71 car and the car ended up getting first place. Since then my username everywhere has been Strike2471.
Back to top Go down
Pelord

Pelord

Number of posts : 4
Infractions :

Registration date : 2010-07-16

Username Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Origins   Username Origins Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:55 am

I stole it from some guy in Bogota, Colombia. Seriously.

Actually, it's most like I picked it up from middle school Spanish class. People found the name funny because no one could pronounce it correctly. I registered it to Nintendo.com's old community website years ago as a joke, but I stuck with it because it was a more interesting name than the one I had originally (which was mostly just the initials for my real name).
Back to top Go down
MeNoSeeGood

MeNoSeeGood

Male
Number of posts : 23
Job/hobbies : Grad Student
Humor : Dry
Infractions :

Registration date : 2010-04-21

Username Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Origins   Username Origins Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 4:45 am

well I have glaucoma and I'm almost blind in my right eye, so I can't see well (or MeNoSeeGood)

for a while I used SaxualHealing as my username because I've played the saxophone for about 13-14 years now (even though I haven't touched it in 2 years). But I decided to change it because a) people would put SEXualHealing instead of SAXualHealing, b) being that this was also in my e-mail address it didn't look like a good e-mail name to have if I have to use my e-mail for business, and c) I actually got denied from registering to a forum because of that username being in my e-mail because they thought it was spam.

btw MeNoSeeGood is my Playstation 3 ID if anyone wants to add me.
Back to top Go down
jamesbob006

jamesbob006

Male
Number of posts : 17
Infractions :

Registration date : 2010-06-01

Username Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Origins   Username Origins Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:25 am

What do you think it's from?

That's what it's from.
Back to top Go down
Pete993
The Ultimate Mario Fanatic
Pete993

Male
Number of posts : 151
Job/hobbies : Gaming, hacking, Mario
Humor : YOUR FACE! HA!
Infractions :

Username Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Origins   Username Origins Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 7:01 am

Heh... All right. My name goes back to the good ol' days of Club Penguin. A few years ago, I used to play it and I needed a nickname that wouldn't give away my real name. So I sat for a while (I'm not good at coming up with names...) and eventually I decided I would use the name "Pete". Of course this was taken so I tacked on "993". Subconsciously, I used those numbers because my birth year is 1993, but I didn't notice until somebody pointed it out in a chatroom later. So that's where Pete993 came from.

My alt name is cpPete993. When I needed an alt name because mine was taken I decided to add cp to it (for Club Penguin.)
Back to top Go down
shadowfreak1101

shadowfreak1101

Male
Number of posts : 61
Job/hobbies : Evil dictator of the world
Humor : You're after my robot bee!
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-08-15

Username Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Origins   Username Origins Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:38 pm

My name doesn't really have much of an origin, but I'll share what little origin it does have. The 1101 has some hidden meaning that I found out after I made the name (reason it's 1101 is because 1001 was taken): First off, 1101 in binary is 13, one of my (believe it or not) lucky numbers. Second off, it's Shigesato Itoi's website (1101.com, though it's entirely Japanese). As for the shadowfreak part, I was originally going for shadowheartlessfreak, but obviously that was too long, so I shortened it.
Back to top Go down
Smashdude29
Official Kirbeh Masta'!/Here since Month 1!
Official Kirbeh Masta'!/Here since Month 1!
Smashdude29

Male
Number of posts : 355
Job/hobbies : hmmm...
Humor : That's what she said!
Infractions :

Username Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Origins   Username Origins Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 11:23 pm

i just thought smashdude sounded cool (this was a few years back) and added a 29 just for fun
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/smashdude29
IXCE

IXCE

Male
Number of posts : 46
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-12

Username Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Origins   Username Origins Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 5:59 am

PhoenIX CEreal

Not really.

It goes back to the origins of my old nickname Ike give to me from my older cousin. Later I was called by ICE and I used it online for a long time until a few years back when trying to create a username in a MMORPG. I couldn't find one that was close to ICE so I randomly added an X in the nickname and I started using it ever since.

Last edited by IXCE on Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bluetooth80291

Bluetooth80291

Male
Number of posts : 58
Job/hobbies : Self-Proclaimed Wireless Wizard
Humor : "Dial-up" "Correct" "What?" From then on, we had the sneaky suspicion our computer teacher was trolling us.
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-20

Username Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Origins   Username Origins Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:50 am

Time for a lesson in nerd.

Bluetooth is a version of wireless communication, as opposed to infrared. 802.11 is the IEEE(Institute of Electronics and Electrical Engineers) standard for wireless. If you use a wireless connection you might have seen this number (802.11a, b, g, n). Anyway, I took away the . and swapped out the first 1 with a 9 to get my birthyear 91.

So short version Bluetooth(version of wireless), 802(.11 = IEEE wireless standard), 91(Birthyear)
Back to top Go down
empressdonna
TBB Official Community Leader
TBB Official Community Leader
empressdonna

Female
Number of posts : 105
Job/hobbies : Student
Humor : Pancakey!?
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-12

Username Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Origins   Username Origins Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:23 am

I didn't think I would ever have to tell this story, but.. I may as well admit it.

2002 - Made first Yahoo! E-mail Address as tenchi2221
2004 - Had Yahoo Messenger, made up roleplay group
2005/2006 - changed name of roleplay group and came up with a new nickname, Empress Donna

The name stuck, even though the group eventually got disbanded in 2008 and so well.. that is me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Username Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Username Origins   Username Origins Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Username Origins
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: TomBobBlender :: Ustream-
Jump to: