Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterTom's UstreamLog in

Update: Wii Version 3.4

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete993
The Ultimate Mario Fanatic
Pete993

Male
Number of posts : 151
Job/hobbies : Gaming, hacking, Mario
Humor : YOUR FACE! HA!
Infractions :
Update: Wii Version 3.4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Update: Wii Version 3.4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-16

Update: Wii Version 3.4 Empty
PostSubject: Update: Wii Version 3.4   Update: Wii Version 3.4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 6:33 am

Yep. It's out already. This update does quite a bit. From Wiibrew.org:

Quote :
Version 3.4 of the System Menu was announced on November 17, 2008, by Nintendo sending notices to the Wii Message Board. The announcement lists these changes:

* USB keyboard support in Mii Channel
* Enhanced parental controls
* Twilight Hack version 0.1beta1 cannot be copied to the console.

Two other changes have been noted:

* Improved SD card read/write speed
* Improved disc reading

Update appears to include IOS50 (used by menu) and IOS254 (a copy of IOS9, to block PatchMii).

What is affected
Affected Workaround
Twilight Hack 0.1beta1 and below None (yet)
PatchMii None (yet, but should be easy)

Not affected

* The Homebrew Channel (although you can't install it without the Twilight Hack)

Message from Nintendo
North America

Wii Menu version 3.4 is now available for your Wii console. To update your Wii Menu to the latest version, please select the Update button at the bottom of the screen or select the System Update option in Wii System Settings.

With this update, Parental Controls have been enhanced, USB keyboard support is available for the Mii Channel, and system functions have been improved.

The Wii User Agreement, which includes the Wii Privacy Policy, has been updated. Because the updated agreement applies to you and your use of the Wii Network Service, you should view the updated version by clicking on the Wii icon located on the lower-left portion of the Wii Channel menu, selecting Wii Settings, accessing the Internet setting, and selecting User Agreements.

You may also view the updated Wii User Agreement online at http://support.nintendo.com

Because unauthorized modifications to save files may impair game play or the Wii console, updating to Wii Menu version 3.4 will also check for and automatically remove such save files.

**Please note: If you've updated your Wii Menu after 11/17/08, you may not need to update again.

Thank you for updating your Wii console!

Nintendo has updated the Wii Network Service Privacy Policy along side the update. The most notable change details how your Wii may download updates without your permission or even without notifying you first.

Old Policy

"To ensure that your Wii Console is operating properly and efficiently, we may download updates, patches, upgrades and similar software to your Wii Console. In addition, we may disable unauthorized or illegal software that has been placed on your Wii Console without notifying you where necessary, in order to comply with applicable laws, assist law enforcement, protect us and our customers, and prevent the use and distribution of software obtained through improper channels."

New Policy

"We may without notifying you, download updates, patches, upgrades and similar software to your Wii Console and may disable unauthorized or illegal software placed on your Wii Console to ensure that your Wii Console is operating properly and efficiently, comply with applicable laws, assist law enforcement, protect us and our customers, or prevent the use and distribution of software obtained through improper channels." (editor's emphasis)
If you don't want to read all that then basically it says...
It updates the Mii Channel and parental controls. It prevents you from using the Twilight Hack or PatchMii. It doesn't affect Homebrew Channel. And it also will install all future updates automatically and they might even do it without telling you. Oh and anything that hasn't been fixed yet from the last update still doesn't work.

If you want to get the new Mii Channel then use this app: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Mii_Channel_Updater
Back to top Go down
Foxtrot200
Official TBB Techno-King/Here since Month 2!
Official TBB Techno-King/Here since Month 2!
Foxtrot200

Male
Number of posts : 306
Location : On a spot, in a room, in a house, on a lot, on a planet, in a galaxy, in a universe!
Job/hobbies : Moderating
Humor : Mischevious >:}
Infractions :
Update: Wii Version 3.4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Update: Wii Version 3.4 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Update: Wii Version 3.4   Update: Wii Version 3.4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:10 am

So, updating shouldn't affect HBC and I will still have complete use of it?

Patchmii was used to patch your wii with an old version of the mii channel. I see no use for it.

(By the way, about PatchMii, I really have no idea what I am talking about...correct me if I am wrong)
Back to top Go down
http://foxtrot200.netii.net
Pete993
The Ultimate Mario Fanatic
Pete993

Male
Number of posts : 151
Job/hobbies : Gaming, hacking, Mario
Humor : YOUR FACE! HA!
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: Update: Wii Version 3.4   Update: Wii Version 3.4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 4:46 am

Foxtrot200 wrote:
So, updating shouldn't affect HBC and I will still have complete use of it?

Patchmii was used to patch your wii with an old version of the mii channel. I see no use for it.

(By the way, about PatchMii, I really have no idea what I am talking about...correct me if I am wrong)
I'm not sure what the original was for but it means that all modifications of it such as the Wii Shop and IOS51 installer won't work either. Although since if you updated then you would already be able to get to the shop channel then it defeats the purpose but you get the idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update: Wii Version 3.4   Update: Wii Version 3.4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update: Wii Version 3.4
Page 1 of 1