Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterTom's UstreamLog in

The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE

Go down 
3 posters

What do you think of the New Xbox Experience
I like it! It's refreshing and... stuff
The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE Vote_lcap53%The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE Vote_rcap
 53% [ 9 ]
Meh, it's so-so
The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE Vote_lcap35%The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE Vote_rcap
 35% [ 6 ]
I don't like it! Everything's too different!
The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE Vote_lcap6%The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
NETFLIX ZOMG!
The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE Vote_lcap6%The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Bippo Ernesti

Bippo Ernesti

Male
Number of posts : 433
Job/hobbies : Being tiresome and awkward.
Humor : Yes, please.
Infractions :
The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-16

The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE Empty
PostSubject: The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE   The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 12:55 pm

Don't even MENTION Netflix because that's US only and you'd be being TOTALLY UNFAIR! To me, it looks like they built a glorified maze around the original menu to make it look all new and awesome. Now, don't get me wrong, even if I don't like it at the moment of typing, my opinion can change, depending on what happens. There are some decent changes, such as the new Xbox Guide that works almost like the old menu, I like that, it's nice. The avatars felt like I was making a Mii with less options to choose from and more advertising. They can still improve a lot on this, I still can't find what I want as easily as I did in the previous one, of course it takes time to get used to it, but still it's tedious.

So, what are your thoughts on the NXE that arrived some time ago?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bippo-ernesti/index.htm
Scott

Male
Number of posts : 32
Job/hobbies : Borders
Humor : Sure
Infractions :
The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE   The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 9:22 pm

Well that's no fair. =( I love the Netflix.

But still, I think it looks a lot cleaner, it reminds me of Playstation's Menu system.

I find it easier to navigate, and for the Xbox Marketplace I like it shows box-art as opposed to just names, even if it takes longer to load.

And the on screen keyboard is a lot easier to see.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/KishiScott
Bippo Ernesti

Bippo Ernesti

Male
Number of posts : 433
Job/hobbies : Being tiresome and awkward.
Humor : Yes, please.
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE   The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 9:41 pm

Well, the on screen keyboard isn't a factor to me because I have the chatpad! Razz

To be honest, Xbox 360 reminds me now of a fusion between the Wii and PS3/PSP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bippo-ernesti/index.htm

PostSubject: Re: The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE   The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 4:07 am

I loved the old menu...with the blades and everything...
I really don't see where they're going with this whole "avatar" thing...*cough* ripoff of mii's *cough*

Still...Microsoft really KNOWS what they're doing...so I'm sure they'll do a great job....
btw...GEARS OF WAR 2 FTW!!
Back to top Go down
coldsteel1212
The Legendary Wolf
The Legendary Wolf
coldsteel1212

Male
Number of posts : 741
Job/hobbies : Computer hacking, pic editing, LPing
Humor : Having been raised by wolves, I gained a perverted humor.
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE   The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:02 am

Well, the Mii's aren't the start of Avatar's, but it is the start on the next gen consoles and to see it here too. Meh, rip off. **Agrees with Mono**
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/coldsteel1212
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE   The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The New Xbox "Experience" AKA NXE
Page 1 of 1