Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterTom's UstreamLog in

TBB's Webstream Rules

Go down 
+6
Scott
DoWhatNow
Pete993
yuki_fox_demon
Foxtrot200
TomBobBlender
10 posters
AuthorMessage
TomBobBlender
Admin
Admin
TomBobBlender

Male
Number of posts : 95
Job/hobbies : Music Teacher
Humor : Happy
Infractions :
TBB's Webstream Rules Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100TBB's Webstream Rules Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-16

TBB's Webstream Rules Empty
PostSubject: TBB's Webstream Rules   TBB's Webstream Rules Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 4:20 am

We all know them, but do we all follow them? Discuss what rules need to be in place, which rule(s) are too strict, which rules need increased strictness, which rules should be added, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tombobblender.com

PostSubject: Re: TBB's Webstream Rules   TBB's Webstream Rules Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 1:54 pm

Increased strictness of ban evading I'd say. Recently there seems to be a lot of people who don't realize what a 30 min ban was placed on them for. Those bans are put for a reason, and are not to be bypassed.
Back to top Go down
Foxtrot200
Official TBB Techno-King/Here since Month 2!
Foxtrot200

Male
Number of posts : 306
Location : On a spot, in a room, in a house, on a lot, on a planet, in a galaxy, in a universe!
Job/hobbies : Moderating
Humor : Mischevious >:}
Infractions :
TBB's Webstream Rules Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100TBB's Webstream Rules Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: TBB's Webstream Rules   TBB's Webstream Rules Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 8:40 am

Yes, it does rule Wink
(eats chutes/shoots and leaves)
Back to top Go down
http://foxtrot200.netii.net
yuki_fox_demon
TBB Official Community Leader/Marshmallow Ghost
yuki_fox_demon

Female
Number of posts : 451
Job/hobbies : book-addict, writing, drawing, staying up *way* too late on tom's stream (X3), playing video games
Humor : "Moo" "Marshmallow" "Pkowr!"
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: TBB's Webstream Rules   TBB's Webstream Rules Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 2:32 am

i agree with you, mono. i also kind of think that arguing needs to be stopped before it gets too bad (sometimes the mods are afk and don't see it in time). its getting a little out of hand between some people
Back to top Go down
Pete993
The Ultimate Mario Fanatic
Pete993

Male
Number of posts : 151
Job/hobbies : Gaming, hacking, Mario
Humor : YOUR FACE! HA!
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: TBB's Webstream Rules   TBB's Webstream Rules Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 4:24 am

As I said before, the only rule I don't like is that you can't say your age. Asking for information is one thing but telling it should be the person's right.
Back to top Go down
DoWhatNow

Male
Number of posts : 34
Humor : :romuH
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: TBB's Webstream Rules   TBB's Webstream Rules Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 6:07 am

Pete993 wrote:
As I said before, the only rule I don't like is that you can't say your age. Asking for information is one thing but telling it should be the person's right.

Especially since we're allowed to have them in our profile on these forums...
Back to top Go down
Scott

Male
Number of posts : 32
Job/hobbies : Borders
Humor : Sure
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: TBB's Webstream Rules   TBB's Webstream Rules Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 9:02 am

I think it was hilarious.

I don't come in the stream much during peak-hours, but I stayed around a bit today, and Golfpro came in complaining he was failing English.

Side-story aside, a stricter spelling system should be enforced. Banondorf isn't doing enough by just yelling at us, we must protect the minds of the future!

That, and it would help not seeing, "u r teh awsom Tam Blander"

Then again, I may just be speaking out of distaste for shorthand.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/KishiScott
Masheysoup23

Masheysoup23

Male
Number of posts : 225
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: TBB's Webstream Rules   TBB's Webstream Rules Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 9:41 am

Scott wrote:

I don't come in the stream much during peak-hours, but I stayed around a bit today, and Golfpro came in complaining he was failing English.

Side-story aside, a stricter spelling system should be enforced. Banondorf isn't doing enough by just yelling at us, we must protect the minds of the future!

I agree, many people (Not giving any names) just use stuff like "i hav 2 go 2 teh stor" because they think it's easier, but it's just plain annoying, and can get hard to understand at times. Why, just today, I asked someone (politely) if they would mind using proper grammar and spelling, and they said something along the lines of "this iz a chatroom, y shud i?".
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/masheysoup23
canyouimagine

canyouimagine

Female
Number of posts : 44
Job/hobbies : Folding Paperclips.
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: TBB's Webstream Rules   TBB's Webstream Rules Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:02 am

Masheysoup23 wrote:
Scott wrote:

I agree, many people (Not giving any names) just use stuff like "i hav 2 go 2 teh stor" because they think it's easier, but it's just plain annoying, and can get hard to understand at times. Why, just today, I asked someone (politely) if they would mind using proper grammar and spelling, and they said something along the lines of "this iz a chatroom, y shud i?".

Unfortunately, literacy is hard to come by nowadays, I guess it's just afad. Like Halo or something. There is so much of this "Leet Speak" around, I don't know if we will be able to terminate it's existence on the stream. It might decrease the spam, but even if there was a rule placed against it, people would still use it. I would love to see more literacy, but I just don't think strengthening the spelling system is practical.

Last edited by canyouimagine on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Foxtrot200
Foxtrot200

Male
Number of posts : 306
Location : On a spot, in a room, in a house, on a lot, on a planet, in a galaxy, in a universe!
Job/hobbies : Moderating
Humor : Mischevious >:}
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: TBB's Webstream Rules   TBB's Webstream Rules Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:52 am

Fad? Things like lol and brb have been around since the '90s! Speaking like that is like speaking another language. Some people don't understand it. Also, sometimes, words can be mistaken as others. That kind of speak also can lead to more typos because of the rushed typing style, which, in turn, can cause even more confusion. The more letters in a word, the easier it is to identify when a typo is made. If you ask me, chat speak is, really, nothing more than a huge typo.
Back to top Go down
http://foxtrot200.netii.net
yuki_fox_demon
yuki_fox_demon

Female
Job/hobbies : book-addict, writing, drawing, staying up *way* too late on tom's stream (X3), playing video games
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: TBB's Webstream Rules   TBB's Webstream Rules Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:02 pm

i honestly don't think there should be "stricter spelling rules". some people have a hard time spelling, and when you are in a hurry, using shorthand like "u" or "brb" is not that big a deal. and some of us are just so used to using it from texting (me included) because you can only get a certain number of characters in one text. i understand that people shouldn't be lazy and should at least try to use good enough grammar to get what they want across. in my case, my "a" key is a little screwy, sometimes it sticks and sometimes it makes more than one come up. and there are some users on the stream that don't speak english as a first language and don't exactly know how to type it very well either. but i do know what you guys mean, and yeah, some of that is getting a bit out of hand, but we can't all be super spellers lol
Back to top Go down
Scott

Male
Number of posts : 32
Job/hobbies : Borders
Humor : Sure
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: TBB's Webstream Rules   TBB's Webstream Rules Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 9:35 pm

I'm not sayin' cracking down on short-hand, but some people take short-hand to the EXTREME.

At the very least, maybe if Banondorf made a public example, as opposed to yelling to them in whispers, if he called them out in the main chat.

Maybe kick them three times, and then a 5 minute ban.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/KishiScott
yuki_fox_demon
yuki_fox_demon

Female
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: TBB's Webstream Rules   TBB's Webstream Rules Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 1:30 am

depends on what you mean by shorthand, i use it a lot sometimes when i am in a rush, and there's a lot of shortened words now. we all use lol, rofl, and stuff like that a lot, so banon would have to be able to tell the difference. but that's not too bad an idea, maybe like the caps ban, a certain amount of words like that in a sentence?
Back to top Go down
Meekinator

Meekinator

Male
Number of posts : 21
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: TBB's Webstream Rules   TBB's Webstream Rules Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 7:23 am

I think there should be a rule about requesting to be co-host. Asking once or twice is and asking to co-host for something later in the day is fine. However, it gets really old when the same person constantly asks if he/she can co-host. Especially when there are numerous people co-hosting at the time.
Back to top Go down
Pete993
The Ultimate Mario Fanatic
Pete993

Male
Number of posts : 151
Job/hobbies : Gaming, hacking, Mario
Humor : YOUR FACE! HA!
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: TBB's Webstream Rules   TBB's Webstream Rules Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 11:59 am

Meekinator wrote:
I think there should be a rule about requesting to be co-host. Asking once or twice is and asking to co-host for something later in the day is fine. However, it gets really old when the same person constantly asks if he/she can co-host. Especially when there are numerous people co-hosting at the time.
I agree... somewhat. You have no idea how annoying it is when you ask to be a co-host and then somebody else gets it when you asked first. Excessive spamming is one thing but if you ask Tom, he says yes, and somebody else gets to co-host instead of you... It can get really annoying.
Back to top Go down
coldsteel1212
The Legendary Wolf
The Legendary Wolf
coldsteel1212

Male
Number of posts : 741
Job/hobbies : Computer hacking, pic editing, LPing
Humor : Having been raised by wolves, I gained a perverted humor.
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: TBB's Webstream Rules   TBB's Webstream Rules Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:56 am

::TOM'S NEW REVISIONS TO THE STREAM RULES Volume: 6!::

I approve! lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/coldsteel1212
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TBB's Webstream Rules   TBB's Webstream Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TBB's Webstream Rules
Page 1 of 1