Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterTom's UstreamLog in

Scariest game(s) you have ever played

Go down 
+7
BerserkingGuts
coldsteel1212
Jeed-Unit
walrushead12345
theprimerib
Ms Saturn
Bippo Ernesti
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Bippo Ernesti

Bippo Ernesti

Male
Number of posts : 433
Job/hobbies : Being tiresome and awkward.
Humor : Yes, please.
Infractions :
Scariest game(s) you have ever played Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scariest game(s) you have ever played Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-16

Scariest game(s) you have ever played Empty
PostSubject: Scariest game(s) you have ever played   Scariest game(s) you have ever played Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 4:47 am

What's the scariest game(s) you have ever seen or played? I was honestly never too scared of games like Resident Evil or Silent Hill, all they do to me is invoke some paranoia because I always expect getting startled at every point in time. In my childhood though, the most random video games would manage to scare me for reasons generally unknown, games such as TMNT for the NES (which I grew to love dearly) and Abe's Oddysee for the PlayStation (which I still scared me till the age of 11 or something). Heck, even Duck Hunt scared me because of the title screen theme, other light gun games like Hogan's Alley and Wild Gunman also scared me because of the creepy way they looked (kinda like Donkey Kong in Donkey Kong 3, yeah, I was afraid of that game too). I'll stop listing my childhood fears now because honestly it'd be ridiculously long.

So, in my opinion, the scariest games are definitely the NES games Shadowgate and Uninvited, those games spook the living crud out of me. The way it describes everything and the graphical detail of your certain doom always scared me (the music also "helped"). You might think I'm weird, but... uh... I got nothing.

ZOINKS! affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bippo-ernesti/index.htm
Ms Saturn

Ms Saturn

Female
Number of posts : 1349
Job/hobbies : Gaming
Humor : BOING! DING! ZOOM! DAKOTA!
Infractions :
Scariest game(s) you have ever played Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scariest game(s) you have ever played Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game(s) you have ever played   Scariest game(s) you have ever played Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 8:16 am

That would have to Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams. I remember a part in the game where I was walking in an old apartment and I stepped on some broken glass. Right when I turned around to leave I heard a loud whisper of some kind. It really creeped me out. pale
Back to top Go down
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-boing-dimension
theprimerib

Number of posts : 78
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game(s) you have ever played   Scariest game(s) you have ever played Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 10:08 am

I got scared by Wolfenstein 3D a lot back in the day. I skin would always just squirm whenever I saw a Nazi right up in my face after opening a door.
Back to top Go down
walrushead12345

walrushead12345

Male
Number of posts : 157
Humor : define humor
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game(s) you have ever played   Scariest game(s) you have ever played Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 2:13 am

i was scraed by "The Suffering" back when i was 8 and i saw my dad play it and i played it...i had nightmares till i was 9 Link T.T
Back to top Go down
Jeed-Unit

Jeed-Unit

Male
Number of posts : 170
Job/hobbies : Being full of surprises
Humor : Old School
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game(s) you have ever played   Scariest game(s) you have ever played Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 3:13 pm

Haha, mine is Swords and Serpents but I was really young.
Back to top Go down
Bippo Ernesti

Bippo Ernesti

Male
Number of posts : 433
Job/hobbies : Being tiresome and awkward.
Humor : Yes, please.
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game(s) you have ever played   Scariest game(s) you have ever played Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Jeed-Unit wrote:
Haha, mine is Swords and Serpents but I was really young.

Hah, the scariest thing to me in that game was the old guy, he creeped me out, still does.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bippo-ernesti/index.htm
coldsteel1212
The Legendary Wolf
The Legendary Wolf
coldsteel1212

Male
Number of posts : 741
Job/hobbies : Computer hacking, pic editing, LPing
Humor : Having been raised by wolves, I gained a perverted humor.
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game(s) you have ever played   Scariest game(s) you have ever played Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:49 am

For me it was Shadow the Hedgehog. It was so bad i was terrified. Link Lolz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/coldsteel1212
BerserkingGuts

BerserkingGuts

Male
Number of posts : 16
Job/hobbies : IconEditor/PhotoShop/ImageReady/VideoGames/Anime/Reading/TV/Sports
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game(s) you have ever played   Scariest game(s) you have ever played Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:25 am

I didn't get to play many games that I'd consider "scary" when I was younger. So I'm 'fraid I'll have to go with the boring 'Resident Evil: Directors Cut' choice back in '96. Maybe something like Poltergeist on the Mega Drive though?

In recent memory it would have to be Dead Space though, that game is so terrifying! Eri enjoys watching me play single player games sometimes, and she hated it when I used to pass the controller over to her when I played it XD
Back to top Go down
http://mmii.info/?db=super-saiyan_vegeta
KaidanXain
Psychokinetic Extraordinaire
Psychokinetic Extraordinaire
KaidanXain

Male
Number of posts : 82
Humor : Kaidouken!
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game(s) you have ever played   Scariest game(s) you have ever played Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:01 pm

Damn! Cost took the joke. I was gonna say something like Barney's Hide and Seek. XD

Honestly though, I have to agree with Bippo on all points. "Scary" games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill never did any more than make me paranoid. Yet NES "adventure" games like Deja Vu used to make me shake a little. It was pretty atmospheric when I was a kid.

I imagine Fatal Frame would spook my socks off... ^_^;
Back to top Go down
yuki_fox_demon
TBB Official Community Leader/Marshmallow Ghost
TBB Official Community Leader/Marshmallow Ghost
yuki_fox_demon

Female
Number of posts : 451
Job/hobbies : book-addict, writing, drawing, staying up *way* too late on tom's stream (X3), playing video games
Humor : "Moo" "Marshmallow" "Pkowr!"
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game(s) you have ever played   Scariest game(s) you have ever played Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 6:35 am

there very first time i played Silent Hill, it scared the carp out of me. Same with Fatal Frame. I couldn't play either game without the lights on. But i'd have to say the scariest game i've ever played was this quick online game called "The House". Freaked me the heck out
Back to top Go down
shadowfreak1101

shadowfreak1101

Male
Number of posts : 61
Job/hobbies : Evil dictator of the world
Humor : You're after my robot bee!
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game(s) you have ever played   Scariest game(s) you have ever played Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:17 am

My first scary moment is probably no surprise, considering my avatar comes from it: Tomb Raider, specifically the 1st bear in the game.
Back to top Go down
Zew 39

Zew 39

Male
Number of posts : 287
Humor : When people try to think of something clever to put here.
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game(s) you have ever played   Scariest game(s) you have ever played Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 1:58 am

Loll well i really dont know why... but the "Big game hunter " game for xbox use to scare me Lol! But it was alot of fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scariest game(s) you have ever played   Scariest game(s) you have ever played Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scariest game(s) you have ever played
Page 1 of 1