Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterTom's UstreamLog in

My Thoughts of the Stream

Go down 
+11
FierceDiety93
L__N
Wanspell
WaluiJ
ChaosDragoon
empressdonna
Bluetooth80291
Drag00n24
IXCE
wasad
TomBobBlender
15 posters
AuthorMessage
TomBobBlender
Admin
Admin
TomBobBlender

Male
Number of posts : 95
Job/hobbies : Music Teacher
Humor : Happy
Infractions :
My Thoughts of the Stream Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100My Thoughts of the Stream Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-16

My Thoughts of the Stream Empty
PostSubject: My Thoughts of the Stream   My Thoughts of the Stream Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 3:17 am

I would like to hear your thoughts regarding your experiences as a TBB stream member. I am always striving to improve its overall appeal, interactivity and fun. I would appreciate your meaningful input, whether positive or not. With that being said, what changes would you like seen in the stream? What changes don't you like? What rules are too strict? What new rule should be added? What new segments should be added? Please share all your thoughts and opinions; be limitless. However, do NOT, under ANY circumstances, do NOT target specific users.

I repeat...

Do NOT target specific users. That is NOT what this post is for. Complaints regarding specific users should be directed to either a stream operator or yours truly.

Happy posting!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tombobblender.com
wasad

wasad

Male
Number of posts : 534
Job/hobbies : Hobbies: Video Gamez
Humor : Humor? Is that some type of drug? No thanks.
Infractions :
My Thoughts of the Stream Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100My Thoughts of the Stream Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts of the Stream   My Thoughts of the Stream Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 4:53 am

For the overall ranking of this stream, I give it a 10/10! It's just too great. The moderators are friendly, everyone has a good time, there are not many problems at all. There is absolutly nothing wrong that you are doing, Tom. I feel like some people just want to call in when they know nothing about the game. It's just some people that give off that vibe. They just want to call in for the lulz and to get lulz. Now, I'm not mentioning names because you told me. The caps ban should be first offense is a warning and second is a ban. Some people just accidently press the Caps Lock button, you know? Well, this is all I got. I'm trying to think of a new segment but nothing is coming to mind. Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/darkmage300x
IXCE

IXCE

Male
Number of posts : 46
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts of the Stream   My Thoughts of the Stream Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:04 am

Tom is doing a great job and such a trooper. As for advice or ideas, I don't have any at the moment but if I come up with some, I'll post later.

I also agree about cohosts. Some don't even pay attention and just do something else such as playing a video game over Tom's stream. Its very disrespectful and pointless. If they want to do this they should start their own stream.

Another is how some people keep saying 'fail' or other negative things when Tom is playing a game. It has been addressed before yet these people don't get bans or anything. Last night specifically, there were a few users saying negative things about every single thing and yet I didn't see them getting kicked from the stream or anything.
Back to top Go down
Drag00n24

Drag00n24

Male
Number of posts : 27
Job/hobbies : Working at Disney
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts of the Stream   My Thoughts of the Stream Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:19 am

This Stream is great I like it. It's a 100/100. The only odd thing is and IDK what happen was that last night around 3 maybe 4pm idk. I said "I'll brb" and bout 3 to 4 mins later I wasn't able to talk on the chat for like...10 mins and it never said I was baned or anything?
Back to top Go down
Bluetooth80291

Bluetooth80291

Male
Number of posts : 58
Job/hobbies : Self-Proclaimed Wireless Wizard
Humor : "Dial-up" "Correct" "What?" From then on, we had the sneaky suspicion our computer teacher was trolling us.
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts of the Stream   My Thoughts of the Stream Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:26 am

The stream is great. I have no grievances against it. It really helps after a hard day at school. There's always something happening when I'm on and there is almost always something that makes me laugh. I can't really think of anything to improve on. Of course that might just be my lack of creativity. Just keep on doing a great job.

Although there was actually one thing where I was banned with banhammer roulette and something happened that didn't allow me on until the next day, but I'm sure that wasn't your fault, probably a glitch somewhere.

Still good job and good luck.
Back to top Go down
empressdonna
TBB Official Community Leader
TBB Official Community Leader
empressdonna

Female
Number of posts : 105
Job/hobbies : Student
Humor : Pancakey!?
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts of the Stream   My Thoughts of the Stream Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 11:42 pm

I have no complaints of the stream as a whole, it is a great place to be and I really enjoy myself.

Sometimes we do things on instinct though (like speak japanese or meantion age/location) either by accident or because someone does as a cohost.

Most of us know each other on a general first name basis unless people don't want to give their first name and their ages/locations are mostly on the forum so maybe we should be a little less harsh about that, though I do get why the rule is there.

Also, there should be a warning by banon (maybe in pm) when you login and the quiet game is on, especially if you have the stream muted or it hasn't loaded yet.

i really found the 'how to clean cartridges' segment you did during random select useful and think maybe you should do that as a small segment instead of in random select, but that is your choice and not yours ^_^.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDragoon

ChaosDragoon

Number of posts : 17
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts of the Stream   My Thoughts of the Stream Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 1:02 am

I would have to agree about the co-hosts having to pay attention to the chat more often, I was guilty of not doing it the first time I was co-host but that is no excuse to those who are on it just about everyday or have co-hosted many times.

I love the stream, it is very enjoyable and you can easily make friends with the people.

There is no real problem within the chatting except the constant "fail" "OMG, TOM, DO THIS" "CO-HOST, TELL TOM THIS!!!" etc. it is tom's way to play, and if he needs help, he'll ask us.

The addition of the "quiet game" was a good/bad idea, it was good in the sense that it would try and stop people from flooding the chat but it was also kinda bad for those who didn't know that the game was going on and were either just coming into the room, had the stream muted, or something so it probably would be good to see if banon can pm everyone that the quiet game is going on.

That is about all I can think of right now, so, till next post, I'm your host, ChaosDragoon.
Back to top Go down
WaluiJ

WaluiJ

Number of posts : 17
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts of the Stream   My Thoughts of the Stream Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 8:27 am

If you ask me, the stream should have cheaper stuff at the ban'n'shop (come on, I'm at -366 coins!)

In seriousness, I really can't say anything bad about the stream, there's really nothing wrong with it. I've had a great time at the stream and I hope it will continue to be as fun as you've already made it, if not funner.
Back to top Go down
Wanspell

Wanspell

Male
Number of posts : 30
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts of the Stream   My Thoughts of the Stream Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 9:28 am

My only problem is that there really isn't a definitive "list" for banned words, like mudkip, desu, and 4chan. I would just ask for one that doesn't have "swear" words, but other words that will be censored or get you a 1 hour ban.
Back to top Go down
L__N

L__N

Number of posts : 13
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts of the Stream   My Thoughts of the Stream Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:00 am

Like others, I don't really have any complaints with the stream itself. What you do is excellent and I, for one, and impressed by the amount of dedication you show to it considering you don't profit from it.

I do think that punishments should be a bit stricter to discourage people from doing things that aren't acceptable. This goes for people in the chat yelling unnecessary instructions at you or the co-host, or people who say derogatory things about the gameplay, as well as co-hosts who either ignore the chat or are otherwise disrespectful to the chat. I have noticed that there seems to be a bit of an attitude of "the chat needs to respect the co-host, but the co-host needn't respect the chat," on occasion. Co-hosts should be bound by the same rules as the chat and subject to the same punishments, in my opinion.

Now obviously this is a place of relaxation and fun, so I don't think disciplinary measures should be overly harsh, but there is often very little or no punishment for people who do things that aren't acceptable, and without punishment there's nothing to discourage them from doing those things again and again.
Back to top Go down
FierceDiety93

FierceDiety93

Number of posts : 27
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts of the Stream   My Thoughts of the Stream Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:39 am

I love it here! Fun enviroment, nice people, it's all awsome! Its fun just to relax, talk to some people and watch Tom play some games! Speaking of games, the chat games are hecka fun too! I've got no complants about the stream. *exept Banon is mean to me sometimes. Lol*
Back to top Go down
yuki_fox_demon
TBB Official Community Leader/Marshmallow Ghost
TBB Official Community Leader/Marshmallow Ghost
yuki_fox_demon

Female
Number of posts : 451
Job/hobbies : book-addict, writing, drawing, staying up *way* too late on tom's stream (X3), playing video games
Humor : "Moo" "Marshmallow" "Pkowr!"
Infractions :

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts of the Stream   My Thoughts of the Stream Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:31 am

Since the first day i came to the stream, i thought it was the best ^_^ I wasn't so sure at first, but when i saw Buddii, i was hooked! haha! I don't think i've ever NOT had fun while in this stream. I've been to several others, and i have to say, yours is the most well run stream out of all of them.

I do, though, think that some of the rules should be a bit more clear. We've been pretty lax on the revealing personal info (ex: age, home state). It probably has something to do with a lot of people have their real ages and home states on their forum profiles, so I'm not exactly sure how to handle that now.

I also think there should be some way to turn off the coin application for scramble. You know, just turn it on the scramble part. There have been a lot of people complaining about the faster typers getting all the answers and taking all the coins, when a lot of us just play for fun. That, or everyone just needs to stop complaining XD
Back to top Go down
itselguapo

itselguapo

Male
Number of posts : 129
Humor : La Penguina es en mi pantalones!!!! AYE DIOS MIO!!!!
Infractions :
My Thoughts of the Stream Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100My Thoughts of the Stream Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts of the Stream   My Thoughts of the Stream Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:23 am

I have to say being a first generation follower, that the stream has changed a lot, from having the TBBot and being with no stream games, to having banondorf and a wide amount of followers, and stream games. I have to say your very organized with everything, and atleast everyone knows whats when now.

Though I think that people are a lot more strict on other streams, and your a bit nice compared to others. Such as the people who say fail every two seconds when you die or mess up. They would get banned in and instant.

From going to 150 users when I first started to 667 users, I think you might be the most popular stream on ustream. Keep up the good work on stream.
Back to top Go down
Jeed-Unit

Jeed-Unit

Male
Number of posts : 170
Job/hobbies : Being full of surprises
Humor : Old School
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts of the Stream   My Thoughts of the Stream Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:52 pm

Hmm my only personal complain would be about the co-hosts that guide tom step by step for everything, aka those who use faqs or guides. I would personally rather see tom miss a few secrets than hearing the co-hosts screw the gameplay for him. Anyway we all already played most of these games, I don't see why it would be so important to see tom perform everything perfectly. Let him enjoy the game. But well, that's my opinion, the rest is fine and the stream itself is great.
Back to top Go down
mimeman

mimeman

Male
Number of posts : 381
Infractions :

Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts of the Stream   My Thoughts of the Stream Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:59 pm

i love it so much :3 !!!!! i mean, you just love how nice everybody is, and also the mods don't act dominant at all as opposed to many other streams and websites.

so keep up the good work tom, and i love all you people that stay active on the stream!
Thanks for being nice to me xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts of the Stream   My Thoughts of the Stream Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Thoughts of the Stream
Page 1 of 1